Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients.
Recognized for its extensive field experience and cutting-edge expertise, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for over 35 years, from studies and design to commissioning and operational support. Our firm is supported by a network of offices across Canada to carry out mandates at the local, national and international levels.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on building teams with complementary talents and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada's Best Employer recipient from Aon Hewitt and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies, which unites companies that have held onto their title for over six consecutive years. For BBA, making the list speaks to the rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our talent acquisition specialists: http://www.linkedin.com/company/bba_2.
Job Description :
Your role as a drafter will be to contribute to projects involving mining processes and industrial piping and mechanics as well as for plant services such as water, steam, compressed air, industrial ventilation and building services. You will work jointly with our engineers, technicians and designers and will take care of layouts for our various projects.
Work Schedule :
- Create or update process flow diagrams (PFDs) as well as piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID).
- Participate in designing piping and 2D and 3D mechanical drawings under supervision from senior designers.
- Participate in improving dynamic block libraries and other internal tools.
- Apply BBA or client standards when drafting layouts, sketches, maps, graphics or diagrams from detailed drawings.
- Produce preliminary plans for buildings, equipment or sites from reference drawings or catalogs.
- Prepare simple diagrams, perform dimensional calculations and create final drawings based on simple diagrams of mechanical equipment.
- Help more experienced work colleagues with more complex tasks.
- When required, help prepare site surveys.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Aptitude for self-development
- Diploma of Vocational Studies (DVS) in building or industrial drafting or a Diploma of College Studies (DCS) in civil, industrial, mechanical or architectural engineering
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Proficiency with AutoCAD
- ASP Construction card (BBA will provide training, where necessary)
- Asset: Knowledge of CAD, Solidworks, SmartPlant, CADWorks or Revit software
- Asset: Bilingualism (English and French)