Virtual Event Manager - Full Time
About the company:
Creative Twist Inc. is an award winning event design and experiential agency based in Alberta. In 2020 we launched Connect Event Hub, a full service virtual event venue.We have leveraged the Remo platform and our extensive experience producing live events to provide event organizers with a turn-key solution for hosting engaging virtual events. Think of us as the expert operations team at a high-end virtual venue. We help our clients to bridge the gap between the functionality of a virtual platform and the experience of a well executed event.
About the role:
We are looking to add a highly organized and customer service focused Virtual Event Manager to the team. This role is about using your skills and experience in events combined with an intimate understanding of our virtual platform to help our customers ‘Succeed at virtual!’. Although the role is primarily event management, you will fulfill an inside sales role by responding to inquiries, conducting virtual tours, creating proposals and supporting our outside sales team.
Once an event contract is signed you will become part of the client's team; guiding them through building and executing successful virtual and hybrid events. You will attend all of your assigned events remotely to manage the platform, speakers and content. You will also lead our Help Desk Team offering personalized in-platform technical support throughout the event.
The role is 100% remote. Our team is spread across Canada and with our HQ in Alberta. You will be working from home but we will be speaking, emailing and collaborating online daily. This is primarily a desk job...lots of screen time…but we will encourage you to engage in-person with businesses and the events industry within your local market when possible.
Inside Sales Support
- Respond to email inquiries
- Add prospective clients into Monday.com CRM feature
- Conduct virtual platform tours and initial meetings with prospective clients
- Update event details in our project management system Monday.com for proposed and contracted events
- Complete discovery meeting to assess client’s event needs
- Create and send proposal with customized estimate and scope of work based on needs
- Draft and send contract agreement based on estimate
- Support Outside Sales Team as needed with tours and proposals
- Follow up on outstanding proposals and contracts
- Connect with previous clients to prospect for future event opportunities
- Communicate regularly with the Outside Sales Team to pass on any leads or ideas on new markets or prospects.
Event Planning and Coordination
- Schedule meetings, rehearsals, orientation sessions, and tours
- Set up and share working documents folder in Drive for event deliverables
- Collect, manage, and track event deliverables
- Create, update, and share an event showflow
- Build event space in platform using deliverable assets from client
- Assist with building event graphics and content
- Consult on client journey and experience using the virtual platform Remo
- Suggest ways to best utilize the platform features to accomplish event goals
- Activation and entertainment planning, sourcing, and management as needed
- Floor plan design consulting
- Request staffing for event
- Event day
- You are hands on in the platform as the point of contact for organizer and speakers
- You supervise and direct remote help desk staff
- You will perform stage management tasks during the virtual event and run the back end of the system (speaker order, inviting speakers to stage, cuing/playing content etc.)
- Post event
- Retrieve post event reports and recordings to send to client
- Post-event debrief with organizer
- Request reviews
- Follow up in order to prospect for future events
- Submit additions and changes to accounting for final billing
- Stay informed of Remo updates
- Update onboarding materials as needed
- Attend success labs and Remo community events to stay up to date on Remo features, tips, and use cases
- Engage in the on-line Remo community
- 2 - 5 years experience in planning events (live, virtual, hybrid or combination)
- You are personable, professional and customer service oriented
- You are creative, visual, and organized with attention to detail.
- You must be very comfortable with technology and proficient in Google Sheets, Docs and Slides and navigating a Google Drive.
- Familiarity with PowerPoint and Microsoft Office Suite is beneficial
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required
- Having experience with graphic design tools such as Canva is essential
- Familiarity with Adobe Illustrator, Sketch, Premier Pro or other video editing software would also be an asset
- Ability to use different web browsers, browser-based applications, and to quickly learn new virtual event platforms and programs
- You are a self starter with a strong work ethic who can work without supervision.
- You are someone who will bring ideas to the table and who is also looking to learn and grow.
- The role is ideally suited to someone who seeks out tasks and projects and is not content to wait for things to be assigned.
- Spreadsheets and deadlines are your friends
- Familiarity with project management and CRM software such as Monday.com
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly, objections handle in various scenarios
- Start-up mentality, working in a fast-paced, always changing, and growing environment
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company's success
- You will need an appropriate place to work at home with the ability to be on video calls with clients, and colleagues. Virtual backgrounds are not always possible.
- Laptop or desktop computer (not a tablet or mobile device) and a second monitor
- Reliable high speed internet connection - preferably wired
- Professional/non-distracting work setting for events and on-camera meetings
- Wired headset with built in microphone
- This is a FULL-TIME position, FULLY REMOTE
- Starts immediately
- Work hours depend on your time zone. Our current office hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm MT for HQ and 10am - 6pm AT Tuesday to Thursday for our Atlantic Office. (clients in various time zones, PST, MST, CST, EST)
- $3,300 - $3,700/ month based on 35 hours a week*
- Compensation is based on qualifications and experience
- The ability to work from the comfort of your home (or anywhere else)
- A team that will support and assist you at all times
How to apply:
Creative Twist Inc./Connect Event Hub is on a path for growth and we are building a team of passionate virtual event experts who will grow with us. We strive to employ a diverse team made up of people who possess the talent, energy, and commitment to customer service that will support our trajectory and the goals and objectives of our clients. We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and experiences.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please reply with your resume and cover letter
We are looking to fill the position as soon as we find the right candidate.
No phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $3,300.00-$3,700.00 per month
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Secondary School (required)
- Event Industry: 2 years (preferred)