Grand Challenges Canada (GCC) is seeking an Administrative Coordinator for the Indigenous Innovation Initiative. The Indigenous Innovation Initiative is a platform to support Indigenous innovation and entrepreneurship across Canada. Its goal is to empower Indigenous innovators to identify and solve their own challenges, transform lives and drive inclusive growth through innovation. It is hosted by Grand Challenges Canada at its office in Toronto, Canada.
The Administrative Coordinator will support this team by drawing on exceptional administrative and organizational skills.
- Maintain databases using project management tools through ongoing data entry
- Liaise with team regularly to ensure databases are updated
- Provide administrative support through scheduling meetings, preparing meeting material and recording minutes
- Support coordination and management of events including logistics, reimbursements and catering
- Create and/or export reports
- Perform other job-related duties as required
- College diploma in business administration or a related discipline preferred, or substitute of work experience
- Minimum 1 year experience working in a fast-paced office environment
- Experience working with Indigenous partners and/or organizations required
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills with attention to detail
- Knowledge or experience in community development, innovation or entrepreneurship is an asset
- Proven ability to respond to changing priorities
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter, and salary expectations. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.