DEPARTMENT: KIBDC – Tk’emlúps Petro Canada / Tk’emlúps Car Wash/Chester’s Fried Chicken
SUPERVISOR: Gas Station/Car Wash Manager
JOB REFERENCE#: 2020-020
NATURE & SCOPE OF WORK: The Gas Station/Car wash Attendant is responsible for assisting and helping customers with the sale of merchandise and services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Tk’emlúps te Secwépemc (TteS) policies, standards and procedures as directed by the Manager.
- Maintains confidentiality on all matters relating to the affairs of the Gas Station/Convenience Store.
- Participates in the daily cleaning and stocking of the store.
- Performs sales and fuel transactions on a computerized till, including all credit card, debit card and charge accounts and received on account transactions.
- Performs all shift paperwork in a neat, orderly and legible manner. Must be able to balance paperwork and track shift count.
- Performs ALL other duties and responsibilities as necessary in the performance of the position and as assigned by the Gas Station/Car Wash Manager or Assistant Manager.
- Food Safe Certificate is required.
REQUIRED ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Previous Gas Station/Convenience Store experience.
- Previous experience in working with the public in a retail environment.
- Good customer service skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of computerized tills and basic transactions.
- Preference to TteS band members with the required qualifications.
REQUIRED LICENCE, CERTIFICATION ETC.:
Grade 12 Graduation or a minimum of one-year work experience in a similar work environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
The following are requirements for this position, but training may be provided by Tk’emlúps Petro Canada if the individual does not have the necessary certification:
- Propane Training/Certificate
- Lottery Training/Certificate
The following certificates are not required for this position but will be favourably considered:
- World Host/Super Host Certificate
- Basic Standard First Aid Certificate
- Fire Safety and Extinguisher Training/Certificate
- WHIMIS Certificate
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating shift work, night shift may be required. Weekend hours are required.
PAY GRADE: Minimum wage
Tk’emlúps te Secwépemc thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with Section 16(1) of the Canadian Human Rights Act and pursuant to Section 42 of the BC Human Rights code, it is TteS Policy to practice preferential hiring for Aboriginal peoples. Candidates who wish to qualify for preferential consideration must self-identify.
Deadline for the Job posting is March 27, 2020 by 2:00pm
Submit Job Application Form, cover letter, resume, and references
online: https://tkemlups.ca/job-application-form/, by fax: 250.828.9847,
or in person, at our Human Resources office #200 – 330 Chief Alex Thomas Way.
Office Hours are Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. &
closed for lunch from 12:00pm to 1:00pm
We require each applicant to fill out
an online application form which can be found at: https://tkemlups.ca/job-application-form/
Any late submissions or submissions without the job application form will not be considered.
Reference ID: 2020-020
Job Types: Part-time, Casual