We are currently recruiting for the role of ESL Train the Trainer for a two week contract to coach and train ESL teachers in China and to assess the English language level of Chinese College level students who are currently learning English in preparation to continue their studies at Bay River College in Calgary.
Travel, accommodation will be covered. Compensations will be $2,000 for a two week period (25 hours per week).
The applicant must have a Canadian Citizen and meet the qualifications as outlined in this job posting. More details will be provided in the interview.
The position is for an early December 2019 start.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts or Education
- TESL Certification or enrolled in TESL recognized program
- At least 3 years of experience teaching English as a Second Language to adults
- Leadership in a peer coaching environment or leadership in curriculum planning would be an
- Experience teaching ESL for Academic Purposes
- Experience/knowledge of TBLT/TBLA
- Knowledge of the Canadian Language Benchmarks and formative and summative assessment
- Positive approach to a multi-level teaching environment
- Demonstrate awareness and cultural sensitivity to cultural differences of students
- Strong knowledge of computer applications
- Experience providing computer-assisted language learning
- Exceptional communication, organizational, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Patient, flexible, positive, consistent, dependable and cooperative
- Exhibits a willingness to learn new tasks and engage in professional development related to ESL
and Adult Education and Computer Assisted language instruction
- Proven ability to make sound judgment and quality decisions
- Emotional maturity and stability
- Willingness to work collaboratively in a teamwork setting
- Current successful Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Position Screening
- Observe, evaluate and coach ESL teachers in Canadian methodology and teaching strategies
- Provide one to one feedback and coaching to each ESL instructor
- Model teaching strategies as needed
- Provide periodic workshop sessions with ESL teachers on common ESL teaching strategies
- Evaluate ESL language level of ESL students according or Canadian Language Benchmark
- Report back to Director of Operations, Bay River College on a regular basis for support and
progress of training and English language assessments
- Perform other duties as assigned related to college and instructional activities
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the
responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to
accurately reflect the position activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify,
add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary to meet the needs of the students, the
program, Bay River College.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- Teaching English Language: 3 years (Preferred)
- TBLT/TBLA: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)