This position will assist the Special Education Teacher as part of a multidisciplinary team supporting student learning and well being. The position is open to only those individuals with the requisite qualifications.
- Successful completion of ECE program from a recognized college;
- Registered and in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators;
- Demonstrated aptitude and competence working with young children with special needs in an educational setting;
- Knowledge of Ministry of Education full-day Kindergarten Program;
- Experience collaborating in the development of environments which enhance children’s cognitive, physical, social and emotional development;
- Experience co-planning and implementing age-appropriate programs;
- Ability to communicate in a sensitive, courteous manner with children, parents, staff and the public and an understanding of and commitment to confidentiality;
- Strong technological and computer skills (i.e. Smart Board, robotics);
- Ability to follow directions, policies and procedures in an appropriate and timely manner;
- Strong organization and time management skills;
- Strong teamwork skills; and
- A positive attitude and demeanor.
- Assist teachers with educational planning and program implementation;
- Implement therapy-based recommendations and goals under the direction of appropriate professionals;
- Support all aspects of student personal care and equipment needs including toileting, lifting, positioning, and feeding;
- Work collaboratively with families and multidisciplinary teams;
- Administer student medications in compliance with JMCCSA policies and procedures; and
- Complete additional classroom duties as required.
All interested candidates should submit their cover letter, updated resume, and proof of registration with the Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators by March 6, 2020 before 3:30 p.m. to:
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The John McGivney Children’s Centre School Authority is committed to equity and inclusion in the recruitment and hiring of qualified staff.
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Vision care
- Dental care
Reference ID: 2019-20Feb25ECE
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Assisting clients with personal hygiene and getting dressed
- Observing and reporting on changes in the health or status of the client
- Responding to emergency situations
- Administering medication
- Providing support with academic, social or recreational activities