Efficiency. Expertise. Integrity.
Centerfire is currently seeking local, self motivated, experienced individuals to join our workforce as a Transportation Shop Manager to start immediately.
We take significant pride in bringing on our crew members with the expertise to operate a variety of machines and drive a range of trucks in addition to their other practical skills.
Job Location: Anzac, AB
The Shop Manager is responsible for the effective supervision of service department staff to ensure that quality standards and productivity requirements are met. Responsibilities will include the training of staff members in service methods, safety, policies and procedures, as well as the identification and correction of potential work problems and health and safety issues. In the course of his/her duties, the Shop Manager will prepare a range of reports and hold responsibilities for the effective budgeting in his/her area. Through the effective management of targets, goals and service efficiencies, the Shop Manager will ensure the ongoing success of the shop floor. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
· Supervise the activities of service department shop workers.
· Instruct subordinates on service best practices.
· Maintain and distribute up-to-date service requirement information to subordinates.
· Ensure quality of workmanship through verification of services.
· Ensure completion of shop maintenance and repair work.
· Advise mechanics of work that must be completed.
· Provide coaching and mentoring to all subordinate staff.
· Ensure compliance with company standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and complete and on-time delivery.
· Identify, investigate, correct and document potential environmental and safety problems.
· Establish methods to meet work schedules and coordinate work activities with other units.
· Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality.
· Provide information for production plans to ensure that production objectives are met.
· Requisition materials and supplies.
· Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policy.
· Recommend personnel actions such as hiring and promotions.
· Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of service technology and techniques.
· Prepare production and other reports and develop and manage operating budget for area of responsibility.
· Other duties as required.
· Post-secondary degree / diploma in a related field.
· Minimum 5 years' experience in a related field.
· Minimum of 3 years' supervisory experience with demonstrated motivating, training, appraising and general supervisory skills.
· Completion of heavy-duty mechanic certification
· Possess a valid driver's license, Class 1 preferred
· Proven mechanical abilities.
· Ability to work independently in a busy environment.
· Experience with routine maintenance operations.
· Leadership ability and team building skills to effectively supervise professional and non-professional staff required.
· Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
· Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and customers.
· High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite.
· Able to find new methods and principles and ability to incorporate them into existing practices as needed.
· High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
· Must have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc.
· Strong negotiation and prioritization skills.
· Must be able to push, pull and move equipment and/or supplies in excess of 50 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.31-$37.01 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fort McMurray, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: In person