Make a difference in a growing, innovative mental health organization and centre of excellence in people-centered care. Work with supportive colleagues who are passionate about improving lives and champions for quality and continuous learning.
As a Housekeeper, you will be an integral part of a collaborative team focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers. If you are looking for a company that is constantly moving forward in pursuit of successful outcomes, get ready to love it here!
Hours of Work:
Permanent part-time, up to 24 hours
What you'll be doing
The housekeeper performs a variety of important duties across the health centre, following health, safety, hygiene and infection control policies and procedures to ensure a safe environment for all, including:
- Clean patient rooms and perform duties such as mopping floors, washing furniture, cleaning and washing bathroom fixtures, dusting overhead and bed lamps, stripping and remaking beds, turning mattresses and other general cleaning work
- Utilize cleaning equipment such as vacuums, mops, and other cleaning tools
- Clean common areas, restrooms, corridors, hallways, stairways and other work spaces while keeping the prescribed health and hygiene standards
- Clean and sanitize toilets, showers/bathtubs, counter tops and sinks
- Wash walls, ceilings, doors and trim by hand or with washing equipment
- Clean, wash, dust or polish hardware, brass, furniture, mirrors, lighting fixtures, windows, window sills, screens, vents, radiators and exterior of cabinets and equipment
- Sort, wash, load, and unload laundry
- Keep bathrooms stocked with clean linens, toiletries and other supplies
- Empty waste paper baskets, trash containers and replace liners
What we're looking for
- Housekeeping experience in a hospital, hotel, or institutional environment is an asset
- Infection prevention and control training preferred
- Ability to use good judgment in deciding priorities with a fluctuating workload
- Proven customer service and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Excellent work ethic and attendance record
- Able to work all shifts, including weekdays, weekends, and afternoon shifts, as per the posted schedule.
- Physically able to perform the duties of the position including lifting up to 30lbs, kneeling, squatting, pushing, pulling, reaching and various repetitive movements
- Demonstrated commitment to Homewood’s Core Competencies (Service Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration, Integrity)
- Commitment to working within Homewood’s Health and Safety Policy
Why work with us
Homewood Health is Canada’s largest and leading service provider for medically focused, evidence-based treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Our organizational culture values service excellence, integrity, collaboration and innovation. Our people make a difference!
We offer a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, professional development opportunities and promote a psychologically healthy workplace.
Employment Equity & Closing Statement
In accordance with the various provincial legislations that we operate under, Homewood Health is committed to working in collaboration with any team member who may require workplace accommodation in order to successfully perform any or all aspects of their role.
Join us at Homewood Health™ and be part of a diverse team helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.