Marco is growing, and we are looking for a Senior Site Superintendent to join our team in St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador.
Marco is one of the largest Canadian based general contractors with offices in Dartmouth, NS, St. John’s, NL and Calgary, AB. We operate in the retail, commercial, recreational, multi-residential, entertainment, health care, educational and light industrial sectors as design-builders, construction managers, and general contractors.
We build structures, but we also are building so much more. At Marco, we are building a future, building the Marco family, and we are building opportunities for our employees.
Marco is growing across the country, and we would love for our employees to grow with us. We are committed to investing in our employees through training, mentorship, and continuous education.
Marco offers a competitive compensation structure, employee profit-sharing, health and dental benefits on the first day, an RRSP program, wellness initiatives, an employee referral program, and a generous vacation package.
The Marco Group encourages and embraces a diverse workforce; we love to see candidates apply with varying gender, age, religion, race, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, language, and ability.
The successful candidate will report to and collaborate with a Project Manager and Project Coordinator to monitor the day-to-day construction activities of a project. They will work on the job site; ensuring work is conducted to meet the specifications, schedule, and budget.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Project planning and work sequencing
- Producing look-ahead schedules and coordinating work to maintain the schedule
- Chairing regular subcontractor meetings to ensure proper information flow and adherence to due dates, and costs
- Ensuring sufficient manpower is provided to achieve safety, schedule, and quality objectives
- Providing safety leadership through implementation of the Marco safety program and monitoring the safety performance of the subcontractors
- Conducting inspections for quality control
- Keeping accurate daily logs and other job control documents
- Fostering and maintaining positive relations with subcontractors and clients
Please note that this is not an entry-level position. Candidates must possess a minimum of 5 years experience supervising commercial projects valued at $5 million or higher and demonstrate effective decision-making capabilities. All candidates must have a strong work ethic, a relentless drive to fulfill commitments, and tremendous enthusiasm.
- Ability to coordinate on-site operations including interpretation and implementation of drawings and specifications
- Ability to work with own forces and subcontractors
- Adept at scheduling, budget control, and proper detailing
- Familiar with industrial, institutional, and commercial construction including design-build, construction management, and general contracting
- Ability to work cooperatively as part of a team