Location Dorval, QC
The Release Operating Representative is responsible for a wide variety of clerical and technical duties to ensure the timely and accurate processing of customs releases for various types of shipments. This includes but no limited to data entry, researching, working with various trade chain partners (clients, carriers, vendors, customs, and other Cole branches) to affect release and final accounting of customs entries.
Energy & Stress
Quality Orientation – attention to detail
Accountability and Dependability
Ethics and Integrity
- Data entry and transposing of invoice information for customs clearance purposes
- Review documentations to ensure all data elements are present in order to submit entry to CBSA via EDI or by preparing a hard copy paper entry
- Research, prepare and execute any additional documents required to satisfy Other Government Departments (CFIA, NRCAN, Health Canada, and Transport Canada)
- Monitoring and tracking shipments routinely to ensure customs release, acceptance, rejects, and exceptions and to provide information to clients, carriers, etc.
- Tracking down missing documentation
- Updating entry notes to log information obtained from clients, vendors, etc.
- Troubleshooting rejects on customs entries, for ACROSS and CADEX
- Adhering to timelines such as customs for CADEX confirming and carriers for storage, etc.
- Coordinate collect payments, steamship release, delivery instructions
- Accurate billing/invoicing of entries
- Monitor incoming carrier manifest (EDI or hard copy) to ensure timely processing of request for release
- Processing refusals to carriers for shipments that are not Cole clients
- Maintaining pre-alerts for clients for all modes of transportation
- Preparing submitting sub agent customs entries
- Perform basic management of electronic files (e.g. print, copy, image and transfer)
- High school diploma or GED, or an acceptable combination of education and experience
- 1-2 years of direct work experience in a customs brokerage firm or in an office environment an asset
- Industry related studies an asset (CCS, etc.)
- Superior typing skills at 50 words per minute with high accuracy rate
- Must be able to deal with high stress environment
- Time management skills are very important
- Ability to apply understanding to carry out instructions in written, verbal, or diagram form
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to be able to effectively work with clients, co-workers, carriers, etc.
- Strong computer skills, working with various applications such as but not limited to Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to question and apply logical thinking
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization, clients
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Basic understanding of the Customs Tariff an asset
- Bilingual French/English if required