You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Culinary students are welcome to apply.
- Prepare all components of the meal, following the recipes.
- Ensure overall quality, presentation of the food is appealing, meals are served on time.
- Sanitize, clean all work surfaces and equipment used.
- Clean the kitchen as per the cleaning schedule and restock work areas and ensure proper stock rotation.
- Maintain confidentiality of all residents and personnel information.
- Complete required HACCP logs.
- Assists with special event menus.
- Maintain a safe environment at all times, perform duties as per health & safety guidelines.
- Other reasonable requests from management.
- Minimum of 1 year experience with food preparation.
- Food Safe 1 required, Advanced Food Safe Certificate 2 will be an asset.
- Cooking certification/papers or working towards obtaining certificates will be an asset.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to communicate with managers, residents and other employees.
- Able to work on their own and have a positive, mature attitude.
- Be physically able to work the position, knowing that standing, lifting, turning, bending etc. are all necessary to do the job correctly. Able to lift up to 25 Kg.
- Must be able to perform the job in front of customers with ease and professionalism.
Important note: **A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment. Proof of immunizations and Tuberculosis Screening Test results will be required. **
- Start Date: ASAP
- Compensation: starting $21.00/hr
- Type: Casual
- Location: Hamilton Village, Richmond, BC.
APPLY NOW and OPEN the door for your new opportunities with Compass Group Canada.
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $21.00 /hour
- cooking: 2 years (Preferred)
- Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (Preferred)