If you consider yourself to be highly organized and capable of excelling in a fast-paced environment, this is an excellent opportunity for you. Join the Mine Rehabilitation, Inspection and Compliance Section, of the Ministry of Energy, Northern Development and Mines.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
- provide a variety of administrative and clerical support functions
- coordinate and maintain appointment calendars, boardroom bookings, travel arrangements, meetings and conferences and provide attendance support
- handle all incoming and outgoing communication and order office supplies
- provide customer service
- review source documents, check for errors and/or inconsistencies and enter data into an electronic database
- perform a variety of financial, revenue and reconciliation tasks
- organize and maintain electronic or manual filing systems
- maintain inventory tracking and coordinating the reconciliation of assets
How do I qualify?
Administrative, Clerical and Financial Support:
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
- You have demonstrated experience in providing administrative and clerical support and knowledge of general office procedures and practices.
- You have basic accounting skills and experience with budget monitoring, tracking and reconciliation.
- You can operate office equipment such as printers, fax machines and photocopiers and ensure they are routinely maintained.
- You are proficient with computers and computer software such as word processing, spreadsheets, presentation, databases, email and internet/intranet.
- You have records management and retention experience as well as the ability to accurately maintain manual and electronic filing systems.
Judgement, Analytical and Problem Solving Skills:
- You have demonstrated interpersonal skills including tact and diplomacy.
- You have excellent communication skills to liaise with clients and convey information or explanations and prepare routine correspondence.
Planning and Coordinating Skills:
- You have the ability to determine nature of inquiries and determine best way to handle a task, situation or information request.
- You have well developed organizational skills to set and manage priorities, coordinate information requests and organize own work.
- You have the ability to make travel and meeting arrangements and keep track of staff schedules.
1 Permanent, 933 Ramsey Lake Rd, Sudbury, North Region
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Administrative and Support Services
Tuesday, August 4, 2020