Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™
This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well.
Do you thrive in an innovative and exciting environment that’s continuously evolving? Ceridian is looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility. Our workplace culture provides empowering programs for career growth and offers diversity and inclusion groups to support every person’s career journey. Ceridian employees have declared Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2019, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2019, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the 16th consecutive year!
Find out why Ceridian is such a great place to work.
About the position:
The Technical Consultant participates in all stages of the implementation lifecycle for exports (discovery, configuration, testing, deployment, post go-live support), under the direction of the Project Manager, and may lead one or more activities. Project responsibilities include; gathering customer requirements, configuring the Ceridian solution to meet documented customer requirements, setting and managing customer expectations, identifying risks and communicating issues to the Project Manager.
- Provide Implementation Services to Customers
- Document and validate customer’s export requirements and map to Ceridian functionality
- Configure Dayforce application to meet customer’s export requirements
- Conduct consulting sessions (on the phone and in-person) and document with meeting minutes
- Attend internal project meetings and provide status on progress of activities and deliverables
- Provide customers with follow-up consulting and general assistance in areas of expertise
- Be a “go-to” resource for specific functional areas for both internal and external users
- Document solutions and contribute to a solutions repository
- Document best practices and share with the Practice
- Contribute to internal knowledge share; review posted feedback on a continuous basis and respond to questions
- Participate in Continuing Education sessions
- Complete new release training on a timely basis; be fully versed on new and/or enhanced functionality in each product release
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in human capital management application consulting
- Experience in business process mapping
- Experience in change management an asset
- Sterling knowledge an asset
- Ability to read and understand a technical specification from a vendor
- Ability to analyze vendor feedback and determine root cause and next steps
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Experience with software in a SaaS / Cloud computing environment including experience with HRIS Systems
- Ability to effectively implement an HRIS module or similar end-to-end solution
- Understanding of common human capital management (HCM) business practices
- Understanding of different industries and how Ceridian implementation best practices apply to the customer’s business practices
- Product certification in at least one Ceridian HCM module (Payroll, Benefits, WFM)
- Customer relationship acumen
- Ability to engage with multiple projects & customers at the same time and manage priorities
- Ability to lead and facilitate customer workshops and sessions
- Consistent demonstration of Consulting@Ceridian guidelines
- Ability and willingness to travel to customer sites as needed
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of numerous factors
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Documents, troubleshoots and escalates Support issues outside defined parameters
- Demonstrated experience in translating customer business requirements into workable business solutions, either as a software solution or as a business process change
- Ability to resolve routine issues within defined parameters and procedures, and escalate when necessary
- Ability to document reusable solutions
- Works independently with minimal oversight
- Ability to influence customers to modify current business practices, as required
- Ability to manage scope and expectations with the customer
- Ability to take initiative and leadership in becoming an ‘expert’ in certain areas
- Generally receives guidance and direction from other project resources (Senior Consultant, Principal Consultant, Project Manager), and Manager
- Ability to engage in the Sales process with some guidance from Management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective presentation skills
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work within project teams, and collaborate cross-departmentally
- Ability to communicate effectively with business owners and technical resources
Ceridian combines the excitement of a startup environment, with the growth opportunities of a large organization. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success.
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace all individuals and what makes them unique. We consider all applicants, regardless of age, religion, race, color, ancestry, gender, gender identity, disability, national origin, race, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We enthusiastically encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions. Come join our inclusive team and start collaborating with us on award winning projects!
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.