Nature of Work:
Reporting to the Telephony Manager, the Telephony Specialist will partner with CityWest’s different lines of businesses to quickly turn strategy into action across strategic, operational and transformational technology initiatives. We are looking for an individual with Telephony PBX background and IP Data, business analysis and critical thinking skills who can support technology planning, analysis and implementation.
- Manages customer relationships to ensure projects and technology products are delivered and exceed stakeholder satisfaction
- Manages vendor relationships to ensure that hardware and support requirements are meet
- Identifies opportunities to constantly improve the quality of thinking applied to CityWest business and technology (IP Data, Internet, Cable, TV & Telephony)
- Examines and reviews current business processes and makes recommendations for performance improvements
- Implements new and legacy products and services aligning with CityWest’s goals and objectives
- Identifies and addresses gaps in service delivery, establishing new policies and procedures as required
- Manages and supports both IP Data and Telephone technology in theory and hands-on capability
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of equivalent business experience
- 5 or more years related experience in Information Technology (IP, DATA, Voice, TV and Telephony)
- 5+ years designing and developing technology solutions for IT/Business projects of varying complexity and global scope, translating business requirements to deliver technical solutions
- 5+ years of experience with Cisco/Juniper/Nortel technologies for LAN, WAN, and design and support interaction with voice and video platforms.
- 5 years’ experience in complimentary network solutions that enhance routing, service optimization, security, and redundancy.
- Valid BC Class 5 or better drivers license with clean drivers abstract.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and isolate impactful network issues with the capability to quickly focus on a plan for response and resolution. Expertise in problem resolution and identification for service improvement.
- Cisco or Juniper and Meta/Nortel/Avaya certification will be an asset
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to build and support telephone systems such as Nortel, Mitel, Avaya or Metaswitch PBX system, Hosted PBX and Voice Over IP (VoIP).
- Strong analytical skills and a demonstrated propensity to establish process and service standards
- Fiber, coax and copper plant knowledge and experience
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills with the ability to base decision-making on sound analysis
- Ability to work effectively with cross functional teams at all levels of the organization
- Understand current state design/configuration (or future state needs if none exists) and coordinate the development of a cohesive technical solution delivery estimate of the proposed solution that supports business needs while integrating all necessary solution components to effect the desired change
- Understand which potential applications/technology solutions would require change to satisfy a change in the business requirements for a solution
- Strong customer relationship management skills
As part of the recruitment process for this position, candidates may be required to take pre-employment tests and/or complete work simulation exercise to assess job fit.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $70.00-$75.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision care
- Wellness program
As this position requires close contact interaction with customers, our client is requiring proof of vaccination. Applicants that cannot provide this will cannot be considered for employment.
- Are you willing to provide criminal record check and reference check?
- Are you willing to relocate to Prince Rupert or Terrace BC?
- Secondary School (preferred)
- related telephony technology: 5 years (preferred)