British Columbia Rapid Transit Company Ltd. (BCRTC) maintains and operates two of Metro Vancouver’s three SkyTrain lines on behalf of TransLink, the regional transportation authority. Launched in 1986, SkyTrain is the first and one of the longest, fully-automated, driverless, rapid transit systems in the world. It boasts an average on-time service performance rating of 95 per cent and moves on average 250,000 passengers per weekday.
Ensures asset and capital integration activities are within budget, scope and timelines; and scope and deliverables align with BCRTC’s goals and objectives. Provides expert advice and technical expertise throughout project life-cycle. Participates in developing and managing project plans, risks register, resource strategies etc. Consults with BCRTC stakeholder groups on project scope, acceptance criteria, milestone achievements, risks and issues etc.
- Participates in the planning, implementing and monitoring of asset and capital project integration to achieve success and minimize day to day impacts to operations and maintenance. Assists with determining standards, objectives, schedules, resources, procurement strategies and risks related to the proposed project. Provides technical expertise and leadership to the project team to ensure compliance with regulations, company standards, policies and procedures.
- Ensures risk mitigation for assigned projects on behalf of BCRTC, including risk identification, assessment, and analysis. Supports and advises management and project managers to register, prioritize, monitor, proactively control and mitigate project risks according to defined policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
- Provides guidance on the delivery of quality assurance support services to assigned projects on behalf of BCRTC, including quality planning, quality control, quality assurance, and quality improvement. Supports and advises management and project managers to define, review and achieve necessary project quality to facilitate handover.
- Ensures BCRTC policies, procedures and guidelines are followed. Oversees project scheduling and resource plans to monitor project implementation. Develops and establishes standard project reporting systems, including metrics, measurements and techniques, in order to support, monitor and evaluate the design and delivery of all the projects assigned, in consultation with BCRTC senior management and TL project delivery.
- Identifies and resolves project issues such as those related to scheduling, resourcing, cost-overruns, conflicting agendas and technical matters. Collaborates with leaders across the organization, with a view to ensuring project meets scope requirements and moving forward on achievement of project deliverables, as well as troubleshooting and resolving problems as required. Conduct technical/policy research and analysis; prepares reports and presentations.
- Develops and manages relationships with stakeholders to understand needs, provide information and resolve issues. Manages relationships with contractors and consultants, providing work direction and monitoring contract compliance. Oversees BCRTC project staff, providing project–related guidance, work direction and performance management input and Supervises the monitoring activities of the Monitor, Asset Integration positions. Identifies staffing conflicts and collaborates with projects and maintenance departments to resolve conflicts in a timely manner. Adjusts work priorities to respond to problems and urgent requests.
- Provides internal control check for completeness, accuracy and proper signoff of project forms, closeout checklist and invoices. Liaises with TL Project Managers to confirm BCRTC Operational and Maintenance plans have been developed prior to project handover. Ensures the required project collaterals are provided at handover (drawings, OEM guidelines etc) and project closeout meetings are held to advise BCRTC Stakeholders when a project is ready for operationalization, in a timely manner.
Education and Experience:
The competencies of this position would typically be acquired through completion of University degree in Engineering, and/or Business. Requires five (5) years related project management experience working in an Engineering, Technical or Maintenance environment.
- Solid knowledge of the principles, theories, concepts and practices of project management and project reporting.
- Advanced analytical thinking and problem solving skills, to resolve critical and high impact issues.
- Solid time management skills to balance and coordinate effort across multiple, concurrent activities.
- Solid interpersonal skills to build and maintain relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders, with the ability to achieve consensus between groups.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong supervisory skills with demonstrable experience supervising union and non-union employees.
- Solid technical skills in business and project management computer applications and databases.
- Solid negotiation skills as they pertain to contracts, multi-party agreements and conflict resolution.
- PMP certification would be an asset.
- Solid decision-making skills.
An applicant will be required to demonstrate their suitability for this position by meeting the minimum level of qualifications and experience in order to be invited into the selection process. A standard interview format will be used including general, scenario and behavioural descriptive interview questions.
40 hours per week.
Rate of Pay
Salary starting at $79,442 per annum
How to Apply
Please click the 'Apply' button at the top right corner or go to http://www.translink.ca/careers to apply for this position and view instructions on the process.
Please save your (1) cover letter, and your (2) resume as one pdf document prior to uploading your application on-line.
June 11th, 2019
Open unti filled.
Please note that only those short listed will be contacted.
Having trouble applying? Please view the System Requirements & FAQ's by going to http://www.translink.ca/careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce that is free of all forms of discrimination. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds, skills and perspectives.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email us at jobs@TransLink.ca.