Position(s) will be temporary running for for several weeks during the summer months; hours to be determined.
- Respond to requests for social work service from multiple sources, including, administration, teachers, students and parents; as well as community agency liaison.
- Provide assessments, therapeutic interventions, counseling in homes and schools, advocacy with various parties, and referrals to community agencies.
- Provide consultation services to administration and school staff to support the ability to learn for all students.
- Provide knowledge, experience and skills to administration, school staff and students in crisis situations and/or critical incidents by responding as facilitated by consultation with the Crisis Response team of the Board. Ensure follow-up services which may include individual therapeutic interventions, grief support groups, family outreach and staff support.
- Provide outreach and bridging to students and families via home visits to facilitate student achievement and success.
- Ensure the effective implementation of pertinent Board policies and directives such as Physical Intervention, Discipline, Administration of Medication and/or Special Services.
- Liaise with community service providers to ensure committee membership, networking and consultation on cases.
- Develop, implement and maintain programs for students who face challenges to ensure achievement and equity of opportunity for all students.
1. A Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) or Masters of Social Work (MSW) is required along with registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.
2. This position requires an individual with a minimum of one year demonstrated knowledge and year experience in social work.
3. The incumbent must possess current certification in Non Violent Crisis Intervention, First Aid, and CPR.
4. Must have the ability to operate audio-visual and office equipment such as computer, video-cassette recorder, projectors and photocopier.
5. The incumbent must have effective communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as the ability to work cooperatively with students, Board personnel, parents, community agencies and organizations.
6. Must have the ability to provide own transportation in order to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $28.42 /hour
- long term care: 1 year (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19