Join Our Team!
The Granite philosophy of uncompromising quality is showcased in its state-of-the-art athletic facilities, world-class events and programs for all ages, delectable dining experiences and personalized services, each tailored to suit the varied needs and desires of its diverse and sophisticated Membership.
The Granite Club is Canada's premier private Members' family, athletic, recreation and social club. Located in north Toronto, we offer our 11,000 Members the highest standard of facilities, programs and services.
We strive to recruit enthusiastic, dedicated individuals with a passion for providing exceptional service. We’ll reward all your hard work with a competitive salary and extensive benefits.
As a Barber at the Granite Club you will work in the Club’s exclusive Salon & Barbershop. Our Barbers provide Members with every aspect of the Barbershop experience. This includes providing consultations, recommending hair care products and delivering quality technical services.
- Greet all Members in person for each and every service.
- Consult with Members on hair styling needs, recommend professional hair care and services and deliver quality technical service.
- Be proficient in the latest hair and barbering techniques for hair cutting, trim eyebrows, moustaches and beards, tapers, scissor over comb techniques, hot shaves, as well as value added services.
- Be proficient in use of equipment needed to perform technical work.
- Build strong retention of the salon & barbershop Member base
- Learn all product application techniques, and benefits of all products sold and used in the barbershop.
- Responsible for the daily cleaning of workstation including: sweeping up after each member, cleaning small and large mirrors, product niches, stations and chairs.
- Assist fellow stylists and barbers throughout the day.
- Meet service and retail revenue goals set for the department.
- University or College Degree/Diploma in a related discipline.
- Designer efficient in all areas of cutting from basic advanced.
- Must have basic advanced shave and barbering skills.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a barbershop.
- The successful candidate must be able to complete straight razor shaves
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills.
- Highly customer/member service oriented.
What you can expect from us:
- Must be available to work weekends, weekdays and/or holidays, AM and PM. Standard schedule is Sunday, Monday Tuesday and Friday.
- Healthy and delicious complementary daily food offerings in our Staff Caf.
- Complimentary indoor parking
- Extensive medical and dental benefits for Employees and their families
- Exciting and diverse Employee events for both Staff and their friends and family
- Discounted Goodlife Fitness and GTA yoga studio memberships
- An Employee Wellness Program focused on both physical and mental health
- Exciting discounts on the Club’s retail and spa products and services
- Employee amenities including a comfortable Employee resting lounge, Employee on-site gym, free wi-fi and Employee computer stations
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of Granite Club policy, a condition of employment is to perform a criminal background check and a vulnerable sector search demonstrating a satisfactory criminal record prior to commencing employment.
The Granite Club is committed to providing fair and accessible employment practices. If selected for an interview, we will be happy to work with you to ensure your interview is accessible and accommodation is provided based on the information you provide to the Granite Club Recruiter.
We thank you in advance for your interest in our opportunity!