Make a difference in a growing, innovative mental health organization and centre of excellence in people-centered care. Work with supportive colleagues who are passionate about improving lives and champions for quality and continuous learning.
Working as a Personal Support Worker, you will be an integral part of a collaborative, inter-disciplinary team focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers. This is a great way for nursing students to gain additional experience in a clinical environment. If you are looking for a company that is constantly moving forward in pursuit of successful outcomes, get ready to love it here!
What you'll be doing
- Assist patients with activities of daily living, including direct personal care
- Contribute to the quality of life of patients by promoting their independence, dignity, comfort, safety and mobility
- Ensure that patients' social, emotional, spiritual and physical needs are met
- Provide clerical assistance and environmental support to Service Staff within their scope of knowledge, judgment and assessment skills
What we're looking for
- Active Registered Nursing student having completed at least 1st year; or
- Health Care Aid and/or Personal Support Worker Certificate from a Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care approved program, or equivalent
- Minimum 1 to 2 years of experience, preferred
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Current CPR and First Aid Certificates required
Why work with us
Homewood Health is Canada’s largest and leading service provider for medically focused, evidence-based treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Our organizational culture values service excellence, integrity, collaboration and innovation. Our people make a difference!
We offer a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, professional development opportunities and promote a psychologically healthy workplace.
Employment Equity & Closing Statement
In accordance with the various provincial legislations that we operate under, Homewood Health is committed to working in collaboration with any team member who may require workplace accommodation in order to successfully perform any or all aspects of their role.
Join us at Homewood Health™ and be part of a diverse team helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.