ALI is a dynamic downtown private language school with a focus on French and English immersion classes. We are currently looking to add one or more motivated teachers to our team!
General description: The English for Academic Purposes Teacher is part of a team that teaches students in the Academic stream, from beginner to University and College Preparation (UCP) classes. The successful candidate will work closely with other EAP teachers as part of a team that monitors students and reports their progress back to the UCP core teacher, the department coordinator, the Director of Development and Partnerships, and the Director of Studies.
The positions are open for teachers with a strong interest in the development of the school in general and of the EAP program in particular.
EAP teachers are expected to teach one or more of the following classes: IELTS prep B1 or B2, Introduction to College Studies: Speech Training, Introduction to College Studies: Integrated Skills, UCP (6 different classes), Super-intensive Vocabulary, Super-intensive Study Skills.
- Graduate degree preferable;
- Strong record of student satisfaction;
- Positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills;
- Experience teaching academic or advanced writing and reading skills;
- Experience teaching students going to college or university in Canada or abroad;
- Knowledge of English-language post-secondary education standards;
- Available to teach 30 hours per week with additional hours allotted for meetings with students and staff;
- Open to mentoring new teachers;
- Good knowledge of the ESL/FSL industry, understanding of ESL vs. EAP, testing, pathways, etc.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.50 /hour