***Emails regarding next steps will come from Bamboo HR - Please Ensure to check your junk mail when applying for jobs***
Cannon Automotive a division of Cleveland-Cliffs Tooling and Stamping has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Buyer in our TIllsonburg Ontario, Stamping Facility. The Senior Buyer is responsible for and manages purchasing, materials requirements, and supplier relations. The ideal candidate will have prior buying experience, be self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced work environment. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package and career advancement opportunities.
- Review forecasts and releases from customers daily to understand changes trends, requirements
- Cross trained in all direct ordering functions
- Work with customers for any forecasting/releasing issues
- Part number set up-valid all areas of part number set up(run sizes, min/max requirements, lead times, DOH
- Service order material from corporate team initiate service shipments to floor
- New part set-up- ensure part flow through the system correctly monitor and maintain
- Co-ordinate all shipping tools/dies materials for any movements -
- Manage inventory levels including monitoring cycle counting steel reconciliations & daily steel counts
- Assist with Month end/Negative report
- Assist plants with expedites as needed, customer related issues, material purchases.
- Schedule pick off releases for consumables (foam, rubber, tape weld nuts and studs
- Send RFQ to carriers for bidding moves from suppliers to plants
- Send RFQ to carriers for Estimating/Sales to use for costing.
- Award moves to carriers and monitor progress.
- Assist in recovery cost for loss or damage with claims
- Coordinate moves for New Model Team Prototypes, Dies Fixtures, Trial parts & heavy assembly.
- Create shipper, customs and Nafta for suppliers that are unable to provide paperwork.
- Create shipper, customs and Nafta for all special shipments not associated with EDI
- Coordinate transportation with logistics for pre-production, steel, tools, purchase components
- Lead & support team of crib attendants.
- Post-secondary Degree/Diploma in Business Administration or Materials Management
- Three (3) to five (5) years supply chain experience
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Good mathematical and problem-solving skills
- Analytically minded and possess excellent negotiating skills
- 3 - 5 years experience in the automotive industry
Cleveland-Cliffs is the largest flat-rolled steel company and the largest iron ore pellet producer in North America. The company is vertically integrated from mining through iron making, steelmaking, rolling, finishing and downstream with hot and cold stamping of steel parts and components.
We thank all who apply, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
As a company, we are doing what we can to keep all our employees safe and healthy. It is the current expectation that all Cleveland-Cliffs employees will be vaccinated against COVID-19 as soon as possible. Before accepting an offer of employment you must certify that you are fully vaccinated. Cleveland-Cliffs reserves the right to require proof of vaccination.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc., including its affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively, “Cleveland-Cliffs”), is an equal opportunity employer and complies with its obligations under applicable human rights legislation. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability, or other protected grounds under applicable human rights legislation. Cleveland-Cliffs requires all prospective employees to undergo a pre-employment background check.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities or other needs based on protected human rights grounds. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please let us know the nature of your request and your contact information by emailing email@example.com.