Mspecs offers a wide variety of metal finishing services, among them: silver plating, chem film, electroless nickel, and both liquid and powder paint finishes. Mspecs is well-equipped to service its clients who derive from the telecommunications, military, commercial, transport and aerospace industries.
Reporting to the Foreman and following the production schedule and shop orders, the Anodize Plater operates the plating lines, including the Anodizing/Electroplating production line, managing placement of racks in tanks to optimize production, ensuring parts are loaded and unloaded to maximize production.
- Read and understand various complex drawings, sketches, manufacturing processes, specifications and other written instructions
- Prepare the parts by cleaning and degreasing the designated surfaces using appropriate tools to eliminate all contaminants
- Analyze and improvise masking techniques such as wax, adhesive or lead tape, rubber or other fixtures as required
- Immerse the parts in tanks. Set and adjust the rheostat and other controls to apply the quantity of current and the immersion time based on the solution strength, type of metal, number of parts and the surfaces to be plated in order to maintain established standards
- Load and unload parts onto shelves, hooks or special fixing jigs
- Apply surface treatments such as Anodize and Chem Film in order to prevent the oxidation of various alloy parts.
- Perform dimensional and visual inspections of parts during the process as specified or required, using various types of precision measuring gauges and jigs
- Perform plating and maintenance.
- Prepare or help in preparing chemical solutions, the taking of samples and the draining of basins, as required
- Participate in continuous improvement activities
- Other duties as required.
Job Type: Full-time