As part of the Cornwall Community Hospital you uphold the mission, vision and ICARE values in order to create a safe environment for patients/clients, families, staff, physicians and volunteers, recognizing 'Patient Safety' and our hospital's 'Senior Friendly Strategies' as a top priority in creating a culture of safety and 'The Workplace of Choice'.
Summary of responsibilities
The overall function of the Program Clerk is to assist our patients, caregivers and community to manage clinical conditions and transitions, maximise the patient’s self-care abilities, as well as embody a culture of caregiver inclusion in the patient’s plan of care
Answering and placing telephone calls, relaying messages, directing patients’ relatives and visitors. Completes diagnostic requisitions, processes diagnostic registration, initiates transfer forms, processes physician’s orders. Fills out, sends, receives, delivers and files requisitions on patient cards. Completes payroll sheets, ensures accuracy of payroll, staffing schedules and StaffRight. Ensures charts are complete. Order supplies for the Unit. Other duties as assigned.
Requirements of the job
- Completion of Ontario Secondary School Diploma
- Medical Terminology (tested with a pass mark of 75% or greater)
- Typing speed of 45 w.p.m.
- Medical Office Assistant Course or related experience
- Working knowledge of Word, StaffRight, Excel, Anzer, Cerner
- Good understanding of Emergency Response Codes/Program and payroll coding procedures
- Demonstrated regular/punctual attendance
- Ability to multi task and work under pressure
- Good interpersonal skills necessary to deal with patients and their families
- Demonstrated ability to process physician's orders
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand instructions, memos, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to do basic arithmetic to complete reports
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position
- Demonstrated commitment to patient safety
- Functional level in both official languages (oral and written in English, oral in French – and testing completed)
Are you interested in this job