Who we are:
Provan Control Associates Inc. is a manufacturers’ agent and distributor since 1976 covering Eastern Ontario, Quebec and the Atlantic Provinces. We have a strong employee culture with a group of 20 employees, which includes Account Managers, Technical Sales – Inside, Service, Customer Service and Accounting Support.
We are looking for a Bilingual, Skilled Accounts Receivable Clerk to provide financial, administrative and clerical services. The Accounts Receivable Clerk is responsible for invoicing, collections, recording and reconciling deposits. The Accounts Receivable Clerk must provide a high level of customer service and have great attention to detail.
You will work a 35-hour week, with the hours of 9am to 5pm, or 8:30am to 4:30pm (1-hour lunch break).
· Perform daily invoicing. Checking customer purchase order to accounting system before issuing invoice to minimize errors.
· Submit invoices to customers through email or uploading to customer portal (Ariba, Quadrem, Negotium).
· Process cash receipts daily, apply EFT (electronic fund transfer) and cheque payments to accounts.
· Maintain customer accounts receivable information (emails, telephone conversations, etc.) in ERP Systems
· Set-up new customers in ERP System. Obtain necessary credit information and set up credit limits by making reference to the Credit Guidelines.
· Day-to-day management of client accounts, including reconciliation, collection calls, dispute identification and resolution and maintaining detailed notes on collection activities.
· Locate and notify clients of past due balances by telephone, email, mail etc.
· Interact with the appropriate departments to research outstanding balances and resolve client issues
· Past work experience of 1 to 3 years as accounts receivable clerk
· Hands-on experience in operating spreadsheets and accounting software
· Proficiency in French and English and in MS Office
· Good communication skills
· Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
· High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $42,000.00 /year