Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™
This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well.
Do you thrive in an innovative and exciting environment that’s continuously evolving? Ceridian is looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility. Our workplace culture provides empowering programs for career growth and offers diversity and inclusion groups to support every person’s career journey. Ceridian employees have declared Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2019, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2019, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the 16th consecutive year!
Find out why Ceridian is such a great place to work.
About the Position:
Reporting to the Vice President Development – Platform, this position is responsible for the delivery and support of the Dayforce UI architecture, which is comprised of the UI infrastructure and components (building blocks) used by all feature teams to build the Dayforce product. The team’s mission is to build the most robust, high performing, accessible and user-friendly framework that maximizes the efficiency of teams throughout R&D. If you enjoy being at the forefront of cross-team initiatives, evangelizing the latest technologies & best practices, and driving change at scale, we’d love to hear from you!
What we are looking for:
- Management and oversight of a 10+ cross-functional team of software developers, QA, and test engineers, working closely with other Platform leaders
- Growing and enhancing the team to be best-in-class (hiring, onboarding, and coaching)
- Empower the team to build world-class UI frameworks leveraging the latest technologies including the ongoing development of component libraries and APIs
- Guide the modernization of the application’s UI codebase across R&D by working closely with leaders across the department on prioritization of dependencies and roadmap planning
- Collaborate with teams across R&D to drive ongoing refactoring efforts such as accessibility remediation and migration to the latest UI frameworks such as React
- Help improve the team’s Agile best practices, improve process and drive efficiencies
- Promote UI best practices across R&D to maximize quality and maintainability of code
- Partner with UI/UX team to deliver ongoing enhancements to the user experience
- Work closely with Platform product management on grooming backlogs and prioritization of work to ensure alignment with business objectives
- Build strong relationships with R&D leaders and teams, maintaining a shared sense of responsibility, and strengthening collaboration between Platform and the rest of R&D
- Foster a culture of ownership and promote a highly collaborative environment
- Help improve the team’s development and testing best practices
About the R&D team:
- 3+ Years of people management experience, managing software teams
- Expert level understanding of agile methodologies and delivery best practices across all facets of the software development life cycle
- Demonstrated ability to grow and develop software teams with track record of coaching & mentoring team members of all seniority levels
- Results driven, ability to get things done & inspire teams to take ownership and stay motivated
- Deep hands-on technical expertise; Willingness to roll up your sleeve and help your team solve challenging problems in a fast-paced environment
- Natural ability to identify great talent
- Experience planning, facilitating, and managing risk and change management across teams
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience with cross-team planning activities with complex dependencies
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to generate consensus across teams & senior leadership
- Deep understanding of multi-tenant cloud web applications
- Comfortable with changing priorities, and strong ability to work through ambiguity
- Strong business acumen - understand impact of decisions on various aspects of the business & customers, as well as ability to collaborate with technical and non-technical leaders
- Strong regard for application performance, scalability, and security best practices
- We are made up of numerous close-knit cross-functional teams comprised of Developers, QA Analysts, Product Owners, Business Analysts, and Test Engineers
- We are Agile with a huge appetite for continuous improvement
- We have regular team and company events
- We encourage learning and training; You will have access to training resources such as Pluralsight
Ceridian combines the excitement of a startup environment, with the growth opportunities of a large organization. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success.
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace all individuals and what makes them unique. We consider all applicants, regardless of age, religion, race, color, ancestry, gender, gender identity, disability, national origin, race, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We enthusiastically encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions. Come join our inclusive team and start collaborating with us on award winning projects!
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.