Job title :
FOOD SERVICE WORKER II
ARROW LAKES HOSPITAL
Arrow Lakes Hospital looking for a casual Food Service Worker II to join their team! - if you have graduated from Grade 10, plus one year's recent experience and a current Food Safe Certificate....Apply today!
As a team player you will perform a variety of duties within a Food Service Operation such as:
Hours of work:
- Portioning and serving meals and beverages within a dining room and/or cafeteria operation;
- Sets tables and trays with items including condiments, utensils, and napkins;
- Collects and unloads food service wagons;
- Washing and peeling vegetables and fruit;
- Prepares items such as meat, fish or poultry for procedures including grinding, flouring and breading;
- Counts, weighs and/or measures ingredients for assigned food preparation area;
- Prepares beverages and food items such as sandwich fillings, nourishments and therapeutic diet items including tube feedings and milkshakes;
- Washing dishes and utensils;
- Performs cleaning duties such as sweeping and washing floors, cleaning counter tops and tables;
- Clerical duties such as answering the telephone, running diet sheets off the computer and writing information on menu cards;
- Receiving supplies and checking goods received against invoices;
- Takes and records temperature of hot foods at point of service
13:00 to 18:30, Rotating Days
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
To learn more about Support Services at Interior Health, Click Here
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces.
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Grade 10,
- One year’s recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Food Safe Certificate (Completed within the last 5 years)
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
- Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.