APPRENTICE TRUCK AND COACH TECHNICIAN 310T
BASIC FUNCTION: Maintains the wheeled vehicle fleet to insure continuous safe, cost effective and legal operation.
WILLING TO LEARN THESE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implements and oversees a cost effective Preventive Maintenance Program.
- Maintains records on maintenance for all equipment.
- Maintains MTO required records and paperwork on trucks.
- Establishes and manages a Reasonable Tire Management Program.
- Maintains a current basic parts inventory.
- Establishes and maintains vendor accounts with reputable firms in the fleet industry.
- Specifies and accepts quotes on new equipment.
- Keeps abreast of improvements and changes in equipment to advise management for Company plans.
- Acts as a liaison for drivers and equipment operators and listens to ideas and complaints.
- Maintains a safe working environment and advises on safety matters.
- Ensures a professional appearance of the fleet to project a well-maintained modern image on our roads.
- Assists all managers in resolving any problems pertaining to the operation of vehicles, planning or modification.
- Keeps abreast of and complies with EPA regulations.
- Various job site Locations, starting and finishing from Morin Bros Building Supplies INC.
- 7 Tristan Crt, Nepean, ON, K2E 8A4.
- One (1) mandatory Saturday every year for inventory (Last weekend of July before Civic Holiday weekend).
EDUCATION: High School Diploma with technical training in Vehicle Maintenance.
WILLING TO LEARN THESE EXPERIENCES:
- Experience in all phases of diesel, gas and LP engine repair.
- Diagnosis experience.
- Electrical experience.
- Hydraulic experience.
- Pneumatic experience.
- Qualified brake and powertrain experience.
- Welding and machine work experience.
- Truck and boom repair or related field.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES AND WILLING TO LEARN:
- Supervisory skills, including training, work planning and inspecting completed work.
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment as prescribed in designated areas.
- Strength (lift, carry, push and pull): Maximum lift, 100 lbs.; Frequently lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach with manual dexterity and see (acuity, depth perception, and field of vision).
- Bend, stoop or squat to floor level on a repetitive basis.
- Reach over head to grasp materials.
ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Work outside in temperatures ranging from extreme heat to extreme cold.
- Work in areas with high noise levels.
- Work in varying weather conditions.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION:
- Class DZ an asset, Class G Licence is a requirement.
- Valid driver’s licence with a clean driver abstract and insurable at a regular rate by the insurers of the employer.
- Working at Heights an asset.
- Apprentice Truck and Coach Technician 310T, proof of enrollment is required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.00 to $22.00 /hour
- Drivers License G (Required)