Aquatics Team Leader
YMCA Membership Branch – Niagara Centre YMCA, Welland
Minimum hiring salary:
$32,073.60 annually plus full YMCA Benefits
F ull time, 40 hours per week- day, evening and weekend availability required
- Current YMCA Swim Instructors and LSS Lifesaving Instructors
- Standard First Aid and CPR[C] – must be a certificate that meets the Health Regulations (St.
John’s, Red Cross, Life Saving Society or Ski Patrol)
- Current NLS
- Minimum 5 seasons experience working as a Swim Instructor
- Completed minimum 3 years of high school
- YMCA Aquatic Fitness certification or equivalent is an asset
- LSS Bronze Cross Examiners or equivalent is an asset and will be required
- A clear Criminal Reference Check – Vulnerable Sector Search [within 1 year from date of issue]
will be required upon hiring
- Act as a team leader to direct, support and assist other team members in the delivery of
excellent member service.
- Role model excellent customer service and leadership behaviours
- Provide leadership to assist in building a productive, happy team.
- Work with the Program Co-ordinator to take action on poor staff performance.
- Assess conflict situations and exercises good judgement in recommending solutions.
- Ensure that program areas are staffed accordingly to quickly and efficiently serve members.
- Act as a back-up instructor as required, including teaching Aquafit classes (training will be
provided upon hire)
- Coordinate and manage daily swim lesson rosters, worksheets, progress cards
- To be responsible for the safety and security of members and participants.
- Ensure that program areas are kept safe, clean and organized.
- Adhere to the YMCA Child Protection Policies and Procedures as established by the YMCA of
Inter ested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume along with documentation to
verif y completion of (or in process of completing) Standard First Aid/CPR(C) by October 9, 2018 to:
E: yj firstname.lastname@example.org F: (905) 735-2299
Please indicate position and branch/cities applying for in the subject line of your email. Internal applicants are
expected to notify their supervisor before applying. Only those applicants being considered for an interview will be
Accessibility accommodations and materials in alternate formats for individuals with disabilities can be arranged
For more information on other opportunities at the YMCA of Niagara please visit: ymcaofniagara.org