We are looking for experienced Assistant Superintendents to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of successfully managing large-scale commercial, and/or multi-unit residential projects. The construction sites are filled with changing and challenging situation. Successful candidate should have the ability to plan and manage the process. The position would require focus, result oriented personality with high level of communication skills to interact with all project participants. Promoting company safety is an important aspect of this position.
Maple Leaf Homes is a developer-builder in Surrey. We have various projects throughout Surrey, Delta, and Langley. As a growing company there is room to grow to higher positions.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent Health & Dental benefits plan
- Professional and career development opportunities
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Understand drawings and specifications and assist the Superintendent in managing work on site
- Support the Superintendent in planning and implementing schedules, determining manpower levels, material quantities, inspections, equipment and requirements are maintained
- Monitor safety requirements and implement company safety program
- Communicate potential issues and/or work interference or schedule conflicts to the Superintendent and Project Manager, and assist in resolving these problems
- Maintain and analyze up-to-date cost reports and submit necessary changes to ensure the project is delivered within budget
Assistant Superintendent Qualifications:
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in the construction industry
- Supervision experience is a must
- Demonstrated ability to manage schedule
- Demonstrated ability to understand budget and cost control
- Leadership capabilities
- Problem solving abilities
- Work successfully in teams with various backgrounds
- Red seal tickets and/or first aid is an asset
Compensation package will be based on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction: 10 years (Preferred)