Meet Lowe’s Canada, a team of more than 28,000 employees who demonstrate their commitment every day by constantly seeking to satisfy their customers and by putting their heart into making a difference in the communities we serve.
Lowe’s Canada operates or services more than 600 corporate and affiliated dealer stores. With a distinctive product and service offering and complementary store formats ranging from neighbourhood hardware stores to big box stores, our Lowe’s, RONA, Reno-Depot, Dick’s Lumber, and Ace Canada banners are always looking for dedicated associates to help meet the needs of all DIYers and contractors.
What are you waiting for? Join a Canadian leader headquartered in Boucherville, Quebec, and be part of something bigger as we expand our horizon and discover a world of opportunities!
The Specialist, Asset Protection – Health and Safety will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating Asset Protection procedures, and establishing programs and processes in collaboration with management to minimize loss while maintaining a safe working and shopping environment.
What will your workday look like as a Specialist, Asset Protection – Health and Safety
- Champion company initiatives and become a subject matter expert to identify shrink and safety impacts
- Drive the development of tactical plans aligned with Asset Protection and business strategies in order to realize the company’s vision
- Provide open feedback and mentorship to team members to encourage growth and greater responsibility
- Monitor safety and risk controls in store by ensuring a safety program is in place; identify incident trends to develop and implement prevention solutions
- Protect customers, employees, and company assets by implementing established processes and controls that minimize inventory shrink and provide a safe working and shopping environment
- Train employees on how to control shrinkage including internal, external, and operational shrink
- Partner with store employees to deter shoplifters and notify management of potential issues and when suspicious activities or incidents occur
- Monitor operational controls by identifying and communicating performance goals and targets; build accountability for policies and procedures, and monitor deficiency trends
- Coach, develop, and train associates in the various departmental duties; develop and deliver training on loss prevention
### Job Requirements
Do you have what it takes for this position?
- Regular licence from the Bureau de la sécurité privée (guarding licence)
- Regular 40-hour workweek (more hours may be required based on the store’s needs)
- Administrative skills; proficiency with IT tools; ability to complete forms, reports, and logs
- Spoken and written bilingualism (French and English)
- Ability to share information; good phone etiquette; oral and written communication skills
- Customer service-minded approach
- Auditing skills (e.g., federal and provincial laws, inventory control, asset protection, surveillance systems)
- Quality awareness
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds without assistance
- At least 1 year of experience conducting quality reviews/audits in the retail industry
- Proven experience conducting retail investigations
- Experience using physical security systems (e.g., CCTV, EAS)
### Work Conditions
Benefits of working as a Specialist, Asset Protection – Health and Safety
By joining the Lowe’s Canada family, you’ll enjoy many benefits, such as:
- Health benefits, retirement savings plan, annual bonuses
- Significant employee discounts (in store and at the distribution centre)
- Flexible schedules
- Access to senior leadership
- Career growth opportunities within the company
- Open Door Policy
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only successful candidates will be contacted. This form indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees with this job title. It is not designed to contain nor should it be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of all employees with this title.