If you’re passionate about leading a team that is, committed to the Team Member Experience and driven by innovation and growth, then join us!
This is a permanent full time opportunity.
The Mental Health Manager is a critical role within our communities as it impacts the lives of residents and ignites the warmth of human connection.
As a Mental Health Manager your typical day will impact the following ways:
- Ensuring that each resident within the community is treated with dignity and respect, consistent with Sienna Senior Living mission, vision, and values statement; and the Resident Bill of Rights.
- Maintaining accurate and complete health care records for all residents.
- Reviewing all resident move in assessments to ensure that an appropriate level of health and personal care services will be provided.
- Reviewing all referrals and arranges for all moves ins and move outs.
- Coordinating the activities of all departments to ensure a balanced emotional and physical workplace and community environment conducive to the provision and practice of therapeutically effective care.
- Attending Medication Safety Advisory Committee meetings.
- Consulting as appropriate with the Executive Director, Mental Health Case Manager, psychiatrists, physicians and other professionals involved with the residents.
- Coordinating the development and implementation of resident recovery plans in conjunction with the Care Team.
- Selecting, orienting and monitoring the performance of the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Ensuring all team members are knowledgeable of the Resident Bill of Rights.
- Defining duties and organizing workload of all care team members to ensure optimal coverage is maintained.
- Adhering to administrative reporting requirements and deadlines; i.e. submission of monthly and quarterly reports, meeting minutes and external inspection reports.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Professional degree or diploma.
- Current and active registration with a professional association recognized in British Columbia (Registered Nurse, Registered Psychiatric Nurse, Occupational Therapist, Psychologist Social Worker, and Physician).
- Minimum of 3 years’ professional direct care psychiatric experience – working with persons with serious/persistent mental health challenges
- Must have demonstrated experience in the mental health field - administration and supervision of care team members, clinical management, setting up and carrying out programs for residents as appropriate, administering psychotropic medications.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Criminal Records Check.
Bonus points for having:
- Leadership experience in the health care industry is preferred. This includes skills in mental health, supervision, computer applications, budgeting, labour relations and a thorough awareness of applicable legislation.
Act upon your desire to help others and Join Sienna Senior Living as we continue to enhance the lives of those we serve.
Reference ID: MENTA13675
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40.00 /hour