Do you enjoy work that includes a variety of administrative responsibilities coupled with providing outstanding customer service to internal and external clients? We’re looking for an administrative assistant to join our Claims team in our Prince George office. You’ll provide work direction to support staff and assist with office administration to facilitate effective operations with a high standard of customer service.
If you have experience in office administration and can build rapport and trust with a team, we’d like to hear from you. Consider joining us for this temporary assignment of approximately 1 year – an opportunity to try a new role, move on after your assignment, or explore avenues to stay. You’ll work on-site at our Prince George office. Please note, you will have the option of working one day a week from home (but this could change based on business and operational needs).
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Independently plan and prioritize to meet deadlines in a high-volume, client-focused environment
- Use discretion, handle confidential and sensitive information, and resolve conflicts
- Identify opportunities to improve systems and processes; recommend solutions and refer issues as appropriate
- Motivate individuals and teams in the performance of their daily tasks to encourage a high level of customer service
- Communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, to a variety of groups and individuals
- Work as a member of a team by proactively assisting, supporting, and cooperating with team members
Your experience and educational background:
- Completion of grade 12 (post-secondary education is preferred)
- A minimum of one year of work experience in an administrative role where you facilitated the effective operation of the office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office – Word and Excel
If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email the Recruitment Testing Accommodation (SM) at the time you submit your application.
Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we’re dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries and diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We’re honoured to serve the 2.4 million workers and 245,000 registered employers in our province.
WorkSafeBC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In implementing the policy, WorkSafeBC will consider its obligations to accommodate those staff who are unable to be vaccinated.
We recognize that our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences, and which reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
What’s it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It’s challenging, stimulating and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for.
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. Along with a competitive starting salary of $29.12, plus 4% in lieu of vacation and 4% in lieu of benefits. As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work — and life.
Learn more about what we offer.
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Thank you, in advance, for applying.