Independently owned and operated for more than 100 years, Sheridan Nurseries is Canada's largest, fully integrated garden centre, retailer and grower, known for top quality products and services. At Sheridan Nurseries we offer employees a dynamic, fun and fast paced work environment, focused on growth, development and personal well being with flexible, comprehensive training programs. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including a company pension. Sheridan Nurseries Unionville Garden Centre is actively searching for a:
Seasonal Plant Sales Supervisor
Permanent, Full Time
About the job
This supervisory role involves driving sales productivity of the Seasonal Plant categories, including Annuals, Perennials, Houseplants, Flowering Houseplants, Bulbs, Wreaths and Boughs and Custom Design. This is achieved through selling, ordering, maintaining, merchandising, marketing, and overall department supervision. The successful candidate will be a leader who is driven, organized and have a strong guest service focus.
- Responsible for selling the complete solution while providing excellent service to guests.
- Leading and training the Seasonal Plant Sales team in sales skills and product knowledge.
- Managing the overall inventory of Seasonal Plant categories while minimizing scrap and shrink, through ordering and maintenance.
- Merchandising and ensuring the floor presentation meets the corporate Standards of Excellence.
- All paperwork associated with Seasonal Plant categories.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
Physical demands of the job include:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple demands, setting priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Understanding of a Culture of Sales and the importance of Guest Service.
- Knowledge of the retail environment with an enthusiastic approach to selling.
- Proven leadership abilities.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Effective communication skills (written, electronic and verbal).
- Keen eye and understanding towards merchandising.
- POS experience is an asset.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Standing up for the majority of the shift with bending and squatting at various times required.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If selected, please advise if you require special accommodation to attend the interview.