The Child Care Worker will assist the Family Support Worker by providing children with age appropriate instruction and working with parents to ensure that children are leaning and socializing in a positive way. The Child Care worker will ensure that the children are in a safe, engaging and clean environment. Our goal is to enhance the lives of every child that attends the Mountain Rose Centre. The position is 20 - 28 hours per week depending on family needs.
- Develop supportive relationships within a crisis intervention and domestic violence framework. Staff response is nonjudgmental and empathetic.
- Foster an atmosphere of trust and mutual acceptance in order to facilitate positive parent/child interactions by provision of information, role modeling appropriate behavior, and teaching positive options for behavior or action.
- Inform families of play room routine and rules; explain children’s activities, and involvement in school program.
- As needed, assist the Family Support Worker to assess the immediate physical and medical needs of the client and her children and make appropriate referrals upon admission.
- Provide competent care of the children’s physical and emotional needs while children are in the playroom area.
- On a daily basis, clearly and concisely document pertinent information and observations in Outcome Tracker.
- Represent the agency to service providers and community agencies and services in a positive and respectful manner when requested by the Executive Director.
- Be a team player
· Providing care for children, such as setting schedules and routines, grooming, feeding, changing diapers, and cleaning rooms and toys.
- Developing and encouraging age-appropriate learning and socialization to ensure children learn basic skills and concepts, such as communication, manners, sharing, etc.
- Maintaining a safe workplace by monitoring children for health, behavioral, and emotional issues and reporting concerns to Family Support Worker and parents.
- Helping children discover new interests by introducing them to art, music, sports, and other potential hobbies.
- Ensuring children are learning positive behaviors and providing guidance or approved discipline, as needed.
· * Keeping records relating to child care including daily observations and information about activities, snacks served, and medications administered (AS per MRWSA child medication policy).
- Working with parents and Family Support Worker to help children progress towards educational and behavioral goals.
· * Monitor children at all times to be aware of their physical and emotional needs and to maintain their constant safety.
· * Accompany children to and from school, and/or on outings as arranged by the Family Support Worker (with appropriate MRWSA consents)
· * Develop a cleaning routine throughout the day that keeps all of the interactive areas sanitary and safe
· * Monitor children during outdoor activities and interact with the children to enhance their learning
· * Support children's emotional and social development, encouraging understanding of others and positive self-concepts.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.50 /hour
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Early Childhood Development Cert. or Child Care Level One : 1 year (Preferred)