Reports To: Executive Administrative Assistant
Department/Business Unit: Corporate
Definition: Performs varied clerical and secretarial duties requiring knowledge of office routine and an understanding of the organization, programs, and procedures related to the work of the office.
Essential Functions: The following duties represent the principal job duties however
they are not all inclusive:
- Manages daily steady flow of telephone calls, directs caller to appropriate person and/or takes message.
- Responds to a variety of inquiries via telephone and in person.
- Greets visitors, determines nature of business and directs them to the appropriate person (serves coffee or tea as requested).
- Assist visitors in signing the visitor log book and issues a visitors pass.
- Distributes incoming mail and courier packages.
- Manages schedule use of conference room.
- Photocopies materials for immediate supervisors when needed.
- Performs administrative duties including coordination of special events, type’s correspondences, labels and reports.
- Maintains an adequate inventory of office supplies.
- Receives and sends all deliveries by courier and postal services.
- Files general office correspondences (delivery waybills, packing slips, order confirmations etc.).
- Make preparations for breakfast and/or lunch meetings.
- Oversees general office appearance:
- Ensures the lobby and conference rooms are kept clean and neat at all times (conference room chairs must be placed after each meeting along with the removal of any documents, mugs, plates etc.).
- Water plants as needed.
- Ensure magazines in lobby are kept up to date and neatly presented.
- Maintains Kitchen area:
- Ensure the counters and tables are kept clean throughout the day.
- Places coffee pots/dishes in dishwasher and wipe counters before leaving each day.
- Ensures the dishwasher is started every night and emptied every morning.
- Ensure dishes from Presidents office are brought downstairs and placed in the dishwasher every morning.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Standard office procedures and practices including business correspondence, filing; the operations of office equipment currently used in business
- Expertise in using computer software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Requirements for Good Clinical Practices
- Requirements for Good Documentation Practices
- 21 CFR Part 11 for Handling of Electronic Records
- Maintain and exhibit discretion at all times when handling confidential information
- Make decisions using good judgment
- Plan work and carry through to completion
- Type a variety of materials, including letters, memos, reports, legal documents, etc
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Assume multiple and concurrent tasks and responsibilities
- Understand and accurately follow oral and written instructions
- Use word processing equipment to prepare written communication for reproduction, distribution and submittal
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relations with fellow employees
- Communicate effectively with clients, including telephone etiquette
- Demonstrate behaviors that are shared at JSS Medical Research: integrity, respect, professionalism, commitment, accountability
Experience and Education:
- At least 2 years of progressively responsible administration experience
- Ideally possesses some formal secretarial training or relevant experience
- High school diploma or vocational diploma
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vacation & paid time off
Job Type: Permanent
- receptionist: 2 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Saint-Laurent, QC (Required)
- Stocking supplies
- Sorting and sending mail
- Answering and routing phone calls
- Greeting visitors