Clinic Manager Job Description
Job Title: Clinic Manager
Reports to: Operations Manager
What you can expect:
Our team is growing, and we want amazing people to help us achieve our mission to deliver integrated, team-based, collaborative health and social care services! We come together with shared values of unparalleled care for patients and community, continuous innovation, teamwork and sustainability. If there is something on the ground, we pick it up. If someone needs help, we step up. If something isn’t right, we speak up. If the solution needs support, we team up. Every day, we show up!
Is this the kind of environment you would like to lead in? Are you a supportive team developer that gets a charge out of helping others grow? If you are the kind of person that likes to share their experience, ask questions, and roll up your sleeves, we would love to meet you!
What you will do:
· Support, manage and lead in executing on STEPS vision, mission and values ensuring the successful operation of the clinic and service delivery within the four walls of the clinic.
· Schedule and maintain all physician, contractors, staff, and employees working within the four walls of your clinic.
· Backfill and ensure resourcing needs are met due to unexpected absences.
· Develop human resourcing capacity strategies with the Operations Manager to ensure sustainability of clinic operations.
· Ensure medical supplies and office supplies are adequately stocked and maintained for clinic operations.
· Balance, prepare, and deposit private and patient pay payments.
· Ensure clinic operations are running smoothly, efficiently, and effectively.
· Work with the Operations Manager to execute the strategic operational plan to achieve STEPS vision, mission, and values.
· Identify, assess, inform, and provide recommendations to the Operations Manager of internal or external issues that affect STEPS abilities to deliver on its vision, mission, or values.
· Provide relevant reports and recommendations on identified aspects of operational activities as requested.
· Foster an operational environment that includes professionalism, compassion, inspiration for employees and patients, accuracy, trustworthiness, and support, this includes enabling an environment that produces positive longitudinal relationships between patients and the Most Responsible Physician/Provider (MRP) that results in best patient health outcomes.
· Model, support, and lead effective teamwork and desired behaviours between the medical, clinical, social and administrative team members.
· Conduct official correspondence regarding operational items, as required.
· Represent STEPS at community meetings and events to enhance STEPS profile and health care interests as requested.
· Ensure STEPS daily clinic operations are effective and efficient, and meet the requirements of the Board, members and funders, and all relevant regulatory bodies.
· Recommend policies and procedures for operations related to medical, clinical, and social care to the Operations Manager and ensure all policies and procedures are effectively applied.
· Ensure the development of and adherence to security and privacy policies and procedures for STEPS.
· Accountable for the planning, implementation, oversight, quality improvement (PDSA cycles) and evaluation of STEPS programs, services, and special projects.
Human Resources (HR) Management
· Determine staffing and contracting requirements for STEPS clinic operations and program delivery, and recruit, train and mentor qualified staff.
· Directly supervises the Medical Office Assistants in the clinic.
· Ensure HR policies, procedures and job descriptions are developed, reviewed regularly and meet legislation requirements, such as the Employment Standards Act and WorkSafe BC.
· Delivers performance management processes to monitor the performance of staff/contractors on an ongoing basis according to strategic direction of STEPS and approved HR policies.
· Supervise, coach and build a strong integrated collaborative team, facilitate open communication, ensure ongoing wellness, development, recognition and appreciation.
Financial Planning and Management
· Work with the Operations Manager to prepare an annual budget in alignment with the annual plan.
· Administer the funds of STEPS according to the approved budget and delegated authority; alert the CEO of risks and provide mitigation recommendations.
· Identify and evaluate the risks to the STEPS Board Directors, members, staff, contractors, services, property, finances, goodwill and image, and implement measures to control risks.
Qualifications and Experience Qualifications
· 3 or more years of progressive management experience, preferably in community primary care organizations.
· Strong leadership and management experience, preferably in the non-profit sector, including human resource, operations, family practice, primary care, and change management.
· Strong primary care system operations service delivery experience and understanding.
Skills - Required
· Excellent verbal and written communication, consultative and interpersonal skills, and proven ability to build lasting, positive, productive, collaborative relationships.
· Ability to work independently and within a team, and effectively motivate and influence others.
· Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet commitments and deadlines.
· Professional integrity and good judgment to effectively handle sensitive and confidential matters and solve problems or conflict.
· Proficiency in the use of computers: Google Docs, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Telus MedAccess and Internet navigation/research.
Qualifications – Preferred
· Experience as a family practice Clinic Manager and MedAccess.
· Previous experience working with family physicians, specialists or allied health professionals.
· Knowledge of quality improvement, evaluation methodologies, change management, (e.g., Triple Aim, Institute for Healthcare Improvement principles) and knowledge of health care delivery relevant to British Columbia is an asset.
· Knowledge of all federal and provincial legislation applicable to non-profit organizations, including the Society Act, Employment Standards Act, Canada Revenue Agency, human rights, occupational health and safety, etc.
· The Clinic Manager is required to work full-time in-clinic.
· The schedule is flexible within the operating hours of the clinic’s operations.
· The Clinic Manager is required to take after hours calls and texts to be responsive to operational challenges and unexpected absences.
· The Clinic Manager position requires schedule flexibility to attend early morning, evening, and occasional weekend meetings.
· A valid driver’s license and access to a car is required.
· A cell phone is required.
If you meet most but not all the qualifications, please reach out to us. We want to hear from great people!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Part-time hours: 30-40 per week
Salary: $25.00-$35.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person