Emcon Services Inc. is a proud Canadian based company with over 30 years of success as an interprovincial Road and Bridge Maintenance Contractor. We currently have an opportunity for enthusiastic individuals to join our team in the Walden, Ontario contract area.
- Are an experienced safety conscious Operator?
- You have a Satisfactory Driver’s Abstract?
- Are you a leader?
- You have highway maintenance experience?
If you answered yes, we want you to join our team!
Reporting to the Road Superintendent, the WRF/Patroller is responsible for:
- Assisting with Division staff in managing day-to-day operations by organizing and supervising the work assigned to the staff in your area;
- Travelling within contract area to monitor consistency and deficiencies along with continually mentoring and supporting area staff in achieving goals;
- Supervising work procedures, scheduling, cost control, project conformance to national, local and/or company standards, and the establishment of manpower levels;
- Promoting cost effective operations and staff collaboration, along with monitoring manpower and equipment utilization for effectiveness and productivity;
- Facilitating the effective use of personnel and equipment by supervising all field equipment assigned to the specific contract area along with mechanical and division staff;
- Providing assistance in the preparation of capital works, work orders and extra work when required and managing the work in the field along with Division staff once approved in response to Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (MTO) requests;
- Ongoing communication with all clients, major stakeholders and subcontractors to maintain a positive and healthy working relationship;
- Representing and adhering to Emcon Service’s best practices, policies and procedures;
- Providing administrative support to patrol supervisor and assisting in delivering training as required;
- Assisting in completing time sheets, overtime assignments, expense accounts; managing material inventories and usage; preparing and approving shift schedules; overseeing the accurate completion of records and other documents and maintaining amicable internal/external communications at all times;
- Patrolling duties during winter season in accordance with the area contract requirements;
- Utilizing the quality management system and overall project workmanship and goal attainment;
- Fostering a positive and collaborative work environment;
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Minimum DZ License in good standing; AZ license with proven experience considered an asset;
- Experience in Provincial and/or Municipal highway maintenance field;
- Possess and helpful, friendly and courteous personality, especially when dealing with the public, regulatory agencies, and peers;
- Be punctual and willing to work shift work including overtime;
- Have the ability and willingness to travel;
- Display leadership qualities with the understanding of the OHSA, Highway Traffic Act, and other regulatory requirements;
- Be physically able to meet all requirements and perform satisfactorily all highway maintenance and emergency assignments;
- Work and ensure others work in a safe and environmentally friendly manner that also promotes cost effective operations and staff co-operation;
- Computer skills considered an asset.
The WRF/Patroller position is a unionized role.
Emcon Services has the following conditions of employment: satisfactory drug pre-screening and Driver’s Abstract.
Emcon Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted. Emcon Services Inc. will provide accommodation for individuals with accessibility needs.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract