Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Therapeutics brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
Reporting to the Digital Marketing Manager, the Email Marketing Specialist for Canopy brands will be responsible for the seamless execution of multiple weekly email campaigns in a fast-paced environment. You’ll oversee everything from briefing to launch, post-deployment analysis, optimization and strategy/roadmap development. If you’re passionate about data-driven marketing, exhibit exceptional written communication skills, and are eager to work with the latest email marketing tools to help optimize your work, this role is for you!
- Own email briefing to creative, creation, scheduling, automation, testing, approval and send
- Work with internal stakeholders and partner agencies to assist with campaign creation, approvals and email strategy
- Grow our email list(s) organically, and segment database according to a variety of demographics, behaviors and/or actions
- Work on long-term projects and email strategies to grow audience and improve performance, including but not limited to: Email Templates, User Journeys, Personalization, Preference Center Set Up, A/B Testing Strategy
- Maintain email marketing calendar to ensure accurate and timely delivery
- Keep a pulse on content mix – ensuring that email calendar has an optimal mix of promotional, educational and evocative content
- Measure results for all campaigns (weekly, quarterly and post mortem reporting) and optimize accordingly to convert subscribers into customers
- Minimize churn and unsubscribes by producing useful and relevant email content
- Oversee segmentation and audience building in collaboration with brand managers and key stakeholders
- Assist various teams with other marketing initiatives as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-3 years’ experience in email marketing, lead nurturing and marketing automation
- Great storyteller, with strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Familiarity with CASL compliance and anti-spam laws
- Outstanding work ethic, organizational abilities and very strong attention to detail
- Tech-savvy with basic coding literacy, including HTML, CSS and tracking codes
- Experience with Mailchimp a must and Adobe Campaign/Adobe Marketing Cloud an asset (or comparable platform)
This a full-time position based out of Toronto, ON.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note:
the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.