EQUS was founded on the co-operative spirit. Our core values of Quality, Accountability, Community, and Knowledge define the attitude that our teams bring to work every day. Together we deliver quality electrical services to rural Alberta.
EQUS is seeking a Strategic Supply Chain Specialist, responsible for overseeing EQUS’ supply chain, building processes based on efficiency and productivity, and playing a critical role in contract building and supplier management. This position works collaboratively across the organization and brings a strategic approach to supply chain management to ensure EQUS is getting the best value for their members on procured goods.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and provide training for the procurement activities performed by Area and Department Administrators
- Train and mentor Warehouse Coordinators to work collaboratively, manage inventory effectively, and track inventory KPI’s for their Areas
- Collect data to analyze and identify process gaps and bottlenecks to improve overall procurement and supply chain processes
- Develop high-level supplier relationships that can be utilized and managed for strategic purposes, ease of contracting and negotiating
- Develop and maintain a competitive bid process along with RFP, RFQ, RFI, and additional RFX documents and templates as required
- Build and negotiate contracts in consensus with the Legal Department
- Act as a liaison between key internal stakeholders: Operations, Legal, Finance, and EQUS’ Suppliers
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data for supplier evaluations, inventory turns and movement and PO accuracy on a weekly and/or monthly basis
- Direct and coordinate with the (future) tactical buyer for inventory and non-inventory procurement
- Analyze supply chain problems, calculate and report solutions
- Establish policies and procedures for the practice of supply chain management at EQUS
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for the Supply Chain Department and Area support staff who require them
- Act as a Supply Chain Professional, creating and implementing supply chain strategy that aligns with EQUS’ corporate goals, visions, and mission
- Provide EQUS staff members with assistance and information on procurement, inventory, contracting and negotiating
- Act as an internal resource for supply chain requirements, specifically: procurement, inventory, warehousing, logistics, and contracts
- Assist EQUS’ Finance Team Leader with inventory and purchasing issues as required
- Ability to develop product standardization requirements using stakeholder input
- Develop and deliver presentations to the EQUS Board of Directors, Senior Leadership Team, and staff as required
- 7-10 years of supply chain management experience at a senior level and/or intermediate leadership level or a combination
- Extensive knowledge of the supply chain management industry best practices and key performance indicators
- Working knowledge of procurement, contracting, competitive bid documents, warehousing and inventory principles and logistics strategy
- Working understanding and familiarity with the supply chain principles, practices, procedures
- Ability to establish a supply chain process, policies, and templates from the ground up
- Knowledge of competitive bid document creation and execution is required
- Ability to develop and execute bid evaluation criteria and templates
- Contract creation and design experience is an asset
- Change management skills and understanding
- Effective communication skills and ability to work with a variety of roles and departments
- Applicable experience with supply chain strategy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Precision, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Ability to lead using values-based leadership principles and practices
- Experience leading a small supply chain team
Education and Training Requirements
- Undergraduate Degree in Commerce, Business or Management
- SCMP Professional Designation and Professional Membership and/or a Master’s Degree with a specialization in Supply Chain Management
EQUS strives to attract and retain highly skilled talent and expertise vital to our organization’s success. We offer competitive wages, a comprehensive benefits package, and excellent opportunities for development and growth.
Power up your career by joining the EQUS team!
The Employee Recommended Workplace Award recognizes excellence in achieving a healthy, engaged and productive workforce. It is the only award of its kind that is based entirely on feedback from employees.
EQUS would like to thank you in advance for your resume. It will be kept on file for six months from the date it is submitted. EQUS REA LTD. (EQUS) collects only that personal information about job applicants that is needed to determine suitability for employment. The information will be used only for the purpose of evaluating that suitability. EQUS will not distribute your information to anyone else. After six months your application, and any personal information collected about you during the verification process, will be destroyed.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Supply Chain Management: 7 years (Preferred)