IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
PRA Managing Editor
Working closely with the Director and other team members, the Managing Editor is accountable for the production of two Pharmaceutical Industry publications (one weekly and one quarterly) and the programming of one industry event throughout the year.
In this role, the Managing Editor will:
- Manage all elements of production of one weekly and one quarterly publication, including development of production schedules, coordination and scheduling with authors, review of story outlines, editing multiple drafts and proofing all content
- Establish and communicate deadlines for the receipt of story outlines, written drafts, and proof production
- Determine, research and source quarterly content: story ideas, author selection, etc.
- Draw on knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry to consistently generate a variety of ambitious and engaging story ideas
- Provide editorial guidance to contributors
- Layout of weekly publication for distribution in Word/PDF and electronic formats
- Write content/articles for publications as required
- Manage print production, working with graphic artists and printers through to distribution
- Provide ongoing support to Director for other publications
- Manage editorial content for all department-led client events/conferences, including coordination with speakers of presentations and/or written material
- Manage and execute the planning and program development for one industry event, including speaker recruitment
- Provide onsite support at all department-led client events/conferences
- Postsecondary degree or diploma in journalism, communications or public relations
- Minimum of five years of editorial management experience, preferably print publications, or related communications portfolio
- Strong knowledge of and experience in the health care sector, especially the pharmaceutical industry and health care reimbursement
- Significant experience writing and reporting on a range of subjects
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate with a creative team and work independently
- Willingness to occasionally travel and work outside of regular office hours
- Bilingualism is a strong asset
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.