Central Zone, Dickson Building - QEII
QEII New Generation
Type of Employment:
Hourly FT long-assignment (100% FTE) x 1 position(s)
Management/Non Union Bargaining Unit - Management/ Non-Union
Posting Closing Date:
Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM on the Closing Date.
Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia Health Authority provides health services to Nova Scotians and some specialized services to Maritimers and Atlantic Canadians. We operate hospitals, health centres and community-based programs across the province. Our team of health professionals includes employees, doctors, researchers, learners and volunteers that provide the health care or services you may need. This is accomplished across four geographic management zones which are responsible for the operation of acute care health centres and the provision of a variety of inpatient, outpatient services including academic, tertiary, quaternary care and community based programs and services including continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing comprehensive administrative support to the Senior Directors Redevelopment, and multi-disciplinary team members. This position coordinates all administrative activities, establishes administrative procedures and guidelines and administratively supports the management of various related projects. This position provides additional support to individuals, committees and/or working groups as assigned, as well as supports other members of the leadership group as necessary.
- Post-Secondary diploma in a recognized office administration, business administration or secretarial program
- Undergraduate degree is an asset
- International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP) certification is an asset
- Minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years’ of progressively responsible experience, providing administrative support and
office coordination at the executive level, preferably within healthcare and within an integrated service model provided
throughout several locations with multiple partners and stakeholders.
- Knowledge of and or experience using PM strategies is an asset
- Demonstrated competencies requiring advanced skills and abilities in all facets of modern office practices
- Experience utilizing technology in meeting planning to create efficiencies and streamline tracking and retrieval
- Organization – effectively determines day-to-day priorities and utilizes considerable foresight to ensure activities for
self and senior director office are structured to accommodate planned and unplanned for events
- Adaptability – works effectively during periods of high activity and with varying personality styles and tasks.
Demonstrates resilience and maintains effectiveness. Flexible in creating and suggesting alternative solutions to
- Business Sense – understands the business implications of decisions. Is aware of departmental issues, processes
and outcomes. The underlying focus is on assisting the senior director in setting and achieving priorities, while
maintaining a high quality of service.
- Customer Service – actively listens and conveys understanding of customers’ requests such that their needs can
be anticipated and satisfied. Well-developed abilities with respect to problem solving required.
- Well-developed abilities and skills in modern office practices, time management and technology, proficiency with
integrated computer applications, specifically Microsoft Office, PeopleSoft and GroupWise products.
Computer presentations are often prepared for provincial, national or international audiences.
- Communication - Excellent verbal and written skills. Ability to effectively meet and communicate in
tact and poise. Proficiency in drafting correspondence, minute taking and report preparation.
- Working knowledge of basic accounting principles and formats.
- PLEASE NOTE: Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application. Candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information
Hours of Work
- Temporary long-assignment, full-time position; 75 hours bi-weekly
- Approximate start date of September 14, 2020 and an expected end date of March 14, 2022 (Approx. 18 months)
- Dates are subject to change
$22.7662 - $28.6451 hourly
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
Successful external applicants will be required to submit the below documents and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment. Additional documentation such as banking & proof of identity will be included in your offer letter.
Criminal Record Check
Proof of education & training certifications
Proof of any additional required qualification
Valid registration with the relevant licensing body
Submission of immunization record along with health assessment documentation
Proof of SIN number
Hiring Process will depend on the timeliness of delivering the above. This is a Management/Non Union bargaining unit - Management/ Non-Union position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions. Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment. Only online applications are accepted.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.
Follow us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NSHA.Recruitment/