Who are you?
If you’ve got what it takes to be a troubleshooter, marketer, trainer, systems analyst, creative problem solver, strategist, and an all-encompassing leader of the pack, you could be part of the Sherwin-Williams’ team! Our Sales Management Training Program is designed to provide you with all the skills needed to build a successful career in management and/or outside professional sales. If you’re an energetic, goal-oriented university graduate with an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for sales, who’s looking for something more exciting than a desk job, we’re excited for you to join our team!
What will you learn?
As a Management Trainee, you’ll take part in structured, on-the-job training while working with an experienced store manager to learn all aspects of running one of our store locations. You’ll have self-study modules, workshops and in-class training to prepare you for your role. You’ll be learning about marketing, sales & management, customer service, credit management, financial statements and human resources. After you complete the training program, you’ll progress into paint store management positions. As one of our Assistant Store Managers, you’ll help oversee a million-dollar business, providing leadership and insight into the development and strategy of your store.
Where can this take you?
The Management Trainee program is the foundation of an entire career with Sherwin-Williams! Many Sales Management Trainees choose a path that leads to a career in professional sales. In this role, they grow the company’s market share by selling to a territory of commercial users such as painting contractors, purchasing agents, and manufacturers. Sales Management Trainees are eligible for professional sales positions once a track record of success within the stores has been established. Other Management Trainees choose to remain within the store environment and thrive by training an amazing team. They continue to be challenged by taking on new markets, setting new sales goals, and establishing greater market share. Your learning never ends at Sherwin-Williams. With 90% internal hires, your success and development are crucial to our success as Canada’s fastest growing paint brand. What does that mean for you? A company dedicated to your professional development and a future filled with possibilities!
Who are we?
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. In Canada since 2004, we’ve expanded to nearly 250 locations coast to coast, with stores in every province! With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today!
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. You may apply for this position if you have your Bachelor’s degree, or will obtain one within the next 12 months.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship.
- Must be able to retrieve material from shelves and floor stacks and lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to operate material handling equipment (e.g. hand truck, pallet jack, forklift, etc.).
- Must be able to tint paint, therefore, must have good colour perception.
- Must be able to operate a computer and communicate via the telephone.
- Prior work experience in sales or customer service.
- Willingness to relocate for promotional opportunities.
- Access to safe, reliable transportation.
- Bilingual ability is an added plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, disability, age, family status, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.