Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™
This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well.
Do you thrive in an innovative and exciting environment that’s continuously evolving? Ceridian is looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility. Our workplace culture provides empowering programs for career growth and offers diversity and inclusion groups to support every person’s career journey. Ceridian employees have declared Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2019, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2019, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the 16th consecutive year!
Find out why Ceridian is such a great place to work.
Toronto or Ottawa
Software Development Manager – Reporting & Analytics
The Dayforce Reporting team is looking for a Development Manager to lead the development of the next generation of Advanced Analytics components. Reporting to the Director of R&D, the Development Manager is responsible for leading the development of the Advanced Analytics solution in Dayforce. The solution includes multiple projects: our Predictive Analytics technology, development of a new Azure-based data warehouse environment, maintenance of our existing Dashboards product and the creation of a new Dashboard offering based on PowerBI. The Development Manager will lead a geographically distributed team of 7-8 staff, consisting of Developers, QA Analysts and Test Engineers. They will collaborate with Product Managers and Technical Writers throughout the development process.
The Software Development Manager is primarily responsible for getting quality product out the door. The Software Development Manager has a proven technical background and can manage people effectively. Their goal is to deliver results to the customer and do everything necessary to achieve this. They make sure the development team can work as efficiently as possible and this means making sure they have clear goals, both short term and long term, and that nothing prevents them from doing their work. From the initial project scope to the final release, each step is their responsibility. They also manage staff within their team, ensuring that each individual is developing their full potential in terms of productivity and quality, and that they are motivated, engaged and enthusiastic about their work and their career aspirations.
- Enables a team of software engineers and QA specialists to deliver quality product components
- Manages the day-to-day development rigor of multiple projects by documenting requirements, analyzing, scoping, planning, engineering, implementing, testing, and communicating
- Participate in daily scrums to assess and determine obstacles and risks in the current schedule and resolve them
- Enforces adherence to the Agile process, assesses and determines obstacles and risks in the current schedule and resolves them
- Enhances Development Guidelines to improve consistency across the application
- Works with the Product Owner to plan and prioritize software deliveries, assembling sprint, release, and overall product roadmap plans
- Coordinate deliverables with other development teams to assure consistency and manage dependencies
- Manages all HR related tasks such as hiring, mentoring, performance reviews, career development
- Provides leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimal performance and recognize and promote excellent performers
- Able to understand and make decisions on technical direction in all phases of development
- Understands technical architectures, capacity plans, tool requirements, automation plans, product launch plans, and other deliverables
- Spreads knowledge throughout their team
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering
- Strong technical vision and ability to build consensus around proposed solutions.
- Experience in leading complex projects, including technical direction, prioritization and capacity planning
- Demonstrated track record of hiring, developing, and retaining exceptional talent
- Minimum of 5 years of software development experience as a senior/lead
- Ability to learn new software languages, frameworks, and APIs quickly
- Proficiency with SQL and a thorough understanding of relational database systems
- Sharp and tenacious troubleshooting skills
- Experience working in an agile development environment in enterprise software development
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience leading the development of SaaS and cloud-based applications
- Strong SQL skills
- Strong understanding of Data Science and Business Intelligence concepts
- Knowledge of Sparks/Databricks and Python
- Experience with Machine Learning
- Domain experience in HR, Payroll, Benefits, Time and Attendance is a significant plus
Ceridian combines the excitement of a startup environment, with the growth opportunities of a large organization. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success.
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace all individuals and what makes them unique. We consider all applicants, regardless of age, religion, race, color, ancestry, gender, gender identity, disability, national origin, race, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We enthusiastically encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions. Come join our inclusive team and start collaborating with us on award winning projects!
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.