RESEARCH INSTITUTE OF THE MUHC
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC) is a world-renowned biomedical and hospital research centre. Located in Montreal, Quebec, the Institute is the research arm of the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine at McGill University. The RI-MUHC is supported in part by the Fonds de recherche du Québec - Santé (FRQS).
Under the supervision of the project leader Dr. Patricia Tonin and in close collaboration with MUHC clinicians and McGill University affiliated investigators, the Planning and Programming officer is responsible for taking a leadership role in the development of a new large-scale patient-centred genome-based oncology research project at the RI-MUHC. The incumbent works closely with various partners and entities for the coordination, management, strategic planning, and execution of a feasibility study for a research project with the overarching goal of establishing a role for next-generation sequencing in oncology at McGill affiliated hospitals. Depending on research interests and skills of the incumbent there is also an opportunity to develop and play a collaborative role in the research activities of the project. The incumbent will be fully immersed in the research environment of the project team leaders within the Cancer Research Program of the RI MUHC.
- Develop and manage a large-scale patient-based genomics research project
- Coordinate tasks involving a multi-disciplinary and multi-site team located at the RI MUHC, MUHC-Glen and McGill University downtown campus,
- Participate and contribute in strategic management activities.
- Liaise with team members and entities implicated in the research project including communications, reporting and organization of meetings,
- Support research activities directly related to the research project such as literature reviews, grant preparation, scientific reports, and preparation of ethics review board documents and contracts,
- Perform other duties (administrative) directly related to the research project as required or assigned by the project leader.
Website of the organization
Education / Experience
- PhD and/or postdoctoral experience in Human Genetics, Molecular Biology or related field with an expertise in cancer genetics/genomics,
- Understanding of next generation sequencing and/or bioinformatics,
- 2 years of experience in project management and/or research coordination with proven leadership skills in scientific research environment,
- Excellent organizational skills,
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills (French and English) in scientific writing,
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently and with multidisciplinary teams with minimum direction and/or supervision,
- Strong problem-solving skills,
- Experience with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
Temporary, full time (35 hours/week) – one year contract with possibility of renewal – some flexibility could be offered
Pay Scale :
$48,010.35 - $89,162.09 per year
Work shift :
Day time, Mondays to Fridays
Work site :
RI-MUHC – Glen site
To learn more about our benefits, please visit https://rimuhc.ca/reasons-to-work-at-the-ri-muhc
THIS IS NOT A HOSPITAL POSITION.
The masculine gender has been used for brevity and includes the feminine gender.
Equal Opportunity Employment Program
Le CUSM applique un programme d’accès à l’égalité en emploi et invite les femmes, les Autochtones, les minorités visibles, les minorités ethniques et les personnes handicapées à présenter leur candidature. Des mesures d’adaptation peuvent être offertes aux personnes handicapées qui en font la demande en fonction de leurs besoins.