The Automotive Service Installer works in a fast-paced Automotive Service Center environment. Key responsibilities include oil and lube service, tire installation, tire rotation and balancing and light vehicle maintenance and repairs. Communication skills and a good, working knowledge of most automobiles and light trucks are essential to succeed in this position. The Service Installer builds customer loyalty and retention through trust, workmanship and reputation.
- Performs lube, oil and filter changes.
- Removes, installs, rotates and balances tires.
- Performs minor repairs, maintenance, inspections and basic tune ups that do not require the presence of a Licensed Automobile Technician.
- Maintains neatness/cleanliness of bays through regular inspections.
- Maintains company and personally-owned equipment and tools, as required.
- Is respectful of all shop tools and equipment.
- Participates in meetings and all training as required and listens to feedback to improve their own abilities.
- Complies with company, store and Automotive Service Center policies.
- Abides by all health and safety programs and regulations. Reports any observed or potential hazards immediately.
- Uses professional language and maintains a professional appearance (e.g., uniform, hygiene, grooming and name tag) when interacting with others.
- Completes other tasks, as required.
- Knowledge of current automobile technology.
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience in a similar role, in a Canadian Tire Automotive Service Center, is considered an asset.
- Ability to work effectively with computerized systems.
- Good working knowledge of Co-Star is considered an asset.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time