- BS/MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or in a related technical discipline
- 3+ years of experience developing commercial software or services in Java or similar languages
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented , data structures, algorithm , problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Deep knowledge of systems, and asynchronous architectures.
We are looking for amazing Software Development Engineers to join the Inventory Placement Crossdock Optimization team!
As a SDE on the Crossdock Optimization team you’ll work on the most advanced systems in Inventory Placement. Our systems decide where to place inventory across Amazon’s Fulfillment Centers worldwide with the objective of placing the right inventory in the right place at the right time to delight our customers and provide them with the selection and speed of delivery that they desire. We relentlessly innovate to continuously improve our customer’s experience while reducing fulfillment costs and maximizing free cash flow. We are pioneers, innovating at the leading edge of supply chain technology making inventory placement decisions on billions of units of inventory across the world.
This role might be for you if…
- You thrive on solving ambiguous problems
- You use object-oriented concepts to build large multi-tier systems. You have working knowledge of common and useful patterns.
- You want to be on the ground floor for innovating and incorporating linear programming optimization models, and machine learning methodologies into supply chain systems at Amazon scale.
- You at the product level with involvement through all phases using concepts that may include Service Oriented , caching, balancing, non-relational databases, microservices, sharding, n-tiered , and/or map-reduce.
- You have experience implementing best practices in improving team coding culture subjected related to quality and/or security.
- You effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions to non-technical people.
In this job, you will…
- Use Lean Software Development concepts such as Agile, Scrum and Kanban.
- Use Test-Driven Development and Continuous Deployment.
- Work with Senior and Principal Software Engineers, Research Scientists, and Data Engineers across multiple teams to systems to optimize supply chain management.
- Expand and optimize our world-class supply chain systems to support a variety of emerging business initiatives.
- Automate third party supply management systems and break new ground to drive inventory across Amazon marketplaces.
- Experience building and operating highly scalable, high availability services
- Some experience in analytical systems and machine learning
- The ideal candidate should have experience contributing to multiple simultaneous product development efforts and initiatives. He/she needs to be constantly striving for simplicity, and at the same time demonstrate significant creativity, innovation and judgment.