We’re a startup data management company in the health industry with several clients across British Columbia. In a simple summary, we’re helping the transition of the paper world to a more digital world. With our current clientele, we have a lot of data. A lot. If you like to be part of something, then this job may be a job for you. We have snacks for our employees, host team building event like hiking, monthly health challenges, bowling and we even tried an Escape Room (we escaped…thank you very much).
We actually like to call this role, “Physician and Client Care Coordinator ”. If you’re looking for a career in developing your customer relationship building skill, this is the job for you. Answering phones, handling emails and working with the other departments to ensure our clients and customer are dealt with professionally. The role will be mostly using the computer. If we were to estimate, you will likely be 60% computers, and 40% phones. Your organizational, communication skills, problem solving and knowing your way around the computer will be a key to your success.
- Coordinate with physicians to answer questions about service, rules and regulation. At times you may even be educating a physician! Sometimes a lot of patience will be needed
- Ensuring that the clients needs fall within scope of our services. (We don’t want to suddenly have to build a castle for our client)
- Reviewing contracts before approval
- Deal with happy and irate/troublesome customers via email and phone.
- Understand department processes
- Coordinating and working with various vendors. ie. answering all their high-level to downright silly questions.
- Prepare items for shipping using Canada Post - yep, we still use snail mail.
- Follow-up with other departments and customers
- Assist other departments as necessary (as you can see…being a team player is super important!)
- Deal with challenges as they come in - there will be a lot. And all of them are quite unique!
- Being proactive by following up with your clients and team members to ensure everything is trucking along.
- 1-2 years in customer service experience. Just sat in an office and answered phones all day and looking for the next step? Nice. Apply (fyi, we are way more fun than that). Worked in a leadership role in retail, but want office experience? Perfect. Apply. Have some relatable work experience and looking for a career? Amazing. Apply.
- Computer knowledge - Google Docs, Word, Excel, etc etc (a pretty much given nowadays). If you don’t know how to quickly switch windows, then this job may be difficult for you.
- Communication skills both written and verbal - cannot stress this enough. Never successfully dealt with an irate customer? Please don’t apply. Never built a working-relationship with your customers (ie. you never had a returning customer?) Please don’t apply. We’re looking for someone that can explain and can effectively get to the point, because sometimes, “ain’t nobody got time for that."
- Excellent phone etiquette - do you have your please, thank you’s and maybe more? (Yes, we are definitely looking for someone with great communication skills)
- Effectively multi-task as there will be several departments asking for updates
- Organization skills - we’re a data company. we need you to be organized or you will simply be drowning. And when we say “organized”, this doesn’t mean showering your desk and monitor with post-it notes…or writing things on you hand.
- Strong attention to detail - you will be reviewing contracts and many MANY emails.
- Be able to handle stressful situations - your clients will be stressed at times. Very stressed. They may take it out on you simply because they need to vent. Can you handle this?
- Demonstrate your ability to be proactive - we love this. (ie. have a new and more effective way to do things? Think you know how to escape the Upside Down World and save Eleven? Share it. We'd like to hear it.)
Nice to have (but not necessary)
- Be able to lift 30 to 35 pounds
- Experience using a CRM, Task management programs and an Online Ticketing system (eg. Freshbooks, Quickbooks, Freshdesks, Basecamp, Asana etc)
- Leadership experience
Can you spot the difference? Please reply in your application:
9843AWI223 vs 9843AWl223
We’re looking for a full-time and career oriented person. This isn’t just a job. We’re here to make a difference and we’d like you to be part of this. This isn’t a difficult position if you’re willing to learn a new industry. We’re close to the West Coast Express station, and there are several bus stations near
Job Type: Full-time
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Port Coquitlam, BC (Preferred)