GARDENWORKS is a locally owned & operated independent garden centre company with 9 locations in Vancouver’s lower mainland, Vancouver Island, and South Okanagan.
Join GARDENWORKS and play a key role connecting people to our natural world. Together we inspire our guests to create greener, healthier, and more vibrant communities.
Department Manager – Burnaby Lougheed
We are looking for an energetic and passionate gardening enthusiast who is customer service focused and enjoys sharing knowledge with others.
Overview of role:
- Building sales & supporting the GARDENWORKS brand by providing outstanding service to our guests
- Sharing your gardening knowledge - informing guests about care & maintenance of their plants, asking questions to help solve gardening concerns
- Managing inventory flow by anticipating need, ordering, and managing products accordingly
- Supporting training in product knowledge, product features and benefits, and related products to meet our guests needs and inquiries
- Exceptional organizational skills & the ability to effectively plan physical space, time, and labour
- Working with the store merchandising team creating beautiful displays that inspire our guests
- We look to you to bolster a positive & fun work environment where our team can be proud of their work and are recognized for their contribution
Is this you?
- A passion for what we do – connecting guests to nature
- A role model for truly outstanding & memorable guest experience
- A strong understanding of soils, fertilizers & garden remedies
- 3-5 years customer service experience, preferably in a retail setting
- A “get things done,” positive attitude Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritize to meet the demands of a busy work environment
- Good health and strength as some lifting will be involved and there are physical demands of the job
- Must have a team outlook and be able to work well with other members of the team
- Forklift certification or willingness to go through our in-house training program
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position with one weekend day required.
We offer a culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance, benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental), an amazing employee discount, AND we will surround you with beautiful plants!
GARDENWORKS is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interested applicants should forward resume and cover letter Attn: Amber Castro, Director of Human Resources.
Expected Start Date: 2022-01-03
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Wellness program
- What made you apply to GardenWorks?
- What is your relevant horticultural experience?
- Retail sales: 2 years (preferred)