Global Pet Foods is a specialty retailer with over 180 stores across Canada. We specialize in pet nutrition, pet care and carry a wide selection of pet supplies. We are seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our team of pet specialists at our Stittsville location as Sales Associate. This individual should be trustworthy, dependable and flexible (be available to work days/evenings/weekends).
Your Primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
· Customer service – assisting customers with their pet’s needs, including any inquiries and concerns they may have
· Operating a POS cash system, cash out customers and maintain the proper documentation, receipts, cash balance, completion of day-end reports
· Open and or close the store, as per the Store Manager’s schedule
· Receiving product deliveries
· Lifting of heavy products in excess of 30 lbs.
· “Carry Out” of sold products from time to time, if requested by customer
· Restocking and facing product
· Preparing merchandise for purchase as per the direction of the Store Management
· Maintaining cleanliness of the store
Please be advised that lifting of heavy products is required on a regular basis. Examples of this are bags of dog/cat kibble, weighing approximately 30 to 40 pounds, and cat litter and crates.
· Energetic with a positive attitude
· Effective communication
· A team player who can also work independently and shows initiative
· Willingness to learn with an attention to detail
· A pet owner and have a love for animals! You are genuinely interested in their health, happiness and well-being.
· Previous experience in retail sales and working with animals are assets
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $14.00 /hour