Dietary Aide - Morning or Evening Shifts
Under the general direction of the Director of Food & Nutrition Services, serves breakfast, lunch, and supper and/or assists in the preparation and processing of meals as required. Maintains a clean kitchen environment.
- Sets Dining Room tables.
- Dishes and serves meals, snacks & beverages as required including those for special diets.
- Takes temperature of food before service and records them.
- Transports food carts to serveries on resident floors.
- Restocks serveries and recreation fridges as required.
- Washes dishes, pots, pans, food carts and floors.
- Removes garbage and recycling.
- Maintains all kitchen areas to standard of cleanliness as required by Public Health Standards.
- Takes temperatures of fridges/freezers and dishwashers and records them.
- Ensures proper use and care of equipment.
- Demonstrates willingness to co-operate with colleagues, supervisors and members of other departments.
- Demonstrates consideration towards residents, visitors, Home's policies and procedures.
- Ensures that the standards and laws of Kashruth (Jewish dietary laws) are maintained.
- Ensures the privacy, dignity and confidentiality of the residents.
- Demonstrates ability to interpret verbal and written communications and instruction.
- Reports for work on time.
- Appears clean, neat, well groomed and properly attired according to the dress code for the department.
- Attends in-services and continuing education.
- Reviews core competency in-services as required by legislation.
- Ensures the Health and Safety of residents, staff, volunteers and visitors by following safe practices and proper procedures.
- Respects and follows the proper lines of authority when reporting events or handling disputes while utilizing the process of appeal if necessary.
- Performs any duties as required that are necessary for the welfare of the residents and efficient operation of the Home.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current Safe Food Handler’s Certificate (can be done on-line)
- General knowledge of methods of food and meal preparation as required by the Food & Nutrition Services Department.
- Able to work both with direction and independently.
- Work well within a team
- Trained and conversant in the safe use and lifting techniques of food supplies and kitchen utensils/equipment.
- A neat appearance is essential for this position.
- Prior Food Services experience within Long-Term Care setting considered an asset
- General computer skills
- Good command of the English language, (Read, write, speak)
- Organizational, planning, time management, and multi-tasking skills.
Interested applicants should apply electronically with their current resume along with a cover letter explaining how they meet the requirements of the role. Where notified in advance, Hillel Lodge will accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $20.22 to $20.62 /hour
- Casual Dress
- Discounted or Free Food
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site Parking
- Food Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health Care Food Service Worker Certificate (Preferred)
- Safe Food Handler (Preferred)