“The start date of this job is flexible and in order to find the best candidate the job may remain open much longer than the date mentioned on this posting…..or you may be asked to start sooner than the expected start date if you are able to do so!”
URGENT: Please read the job description below. If this interests you, please send a MS-Word version copy of your updated resume (ASAP) along with your salary expectations, first available date and a telephone contact number
Please mention the job title above in the subject line
The recruiter in charge of this role is Sunita
If you do not think you are a match for this opportunity, but know someone who is, feel free to forward this email to them and you will be eligible for a referral bonus upon a successful hire.
One of our insurance clients is looking for a Psychologist – Professional Practice Leader
Location: Toronto, Ontario
· Provide evidence based solutions, and expert clinical advice to operating areas (Eligibility Adjudicators, Case Managers, Nurse Consultants, Health Services Division, Advanced Practice Nurses, Appeals and Senior Management) external Health Care Providers regarding appropriate, effective health care interventions to optimize outcomes for workers. This will include discussing psychological factors that may be influencing recovery and RTW; provision of expert advice on the compatibility between the psychological symptoms and the injury; evaluating effectiveness of psychological treatment modalities at the case and system level, including recommendations of programs, providers to further assist worker's rehabilitation, providing expert advice on prognosis.
· Lead and develop strategic health care initiatives specific to the management of cases where psychological and/or psychosocial concerns must be addressed.
· Directly supervise the campnay psychologists through the provision of leadership, support, professional guidance and professional practice advice based on clinical evidence and best practice relating to their role and responsibilities, competence and ethical and practice requirements, necessary professional development, continuing education and skill level.
· Participate in the identification of need, development, planning, delivery and evaluation of internal education to the operating area (Senior Management, Eligibility Adjudicators, Case Managers, Nurse Consultants, Health Services Division personnel, Advanced Practice Nurses, Appeals staff) regarding psychologically related topics. Provision of guidance to Service Delivery personnel regarding appropriate processes such that the activities of health care providers are maintained and carried out in accordance with relevant legislation and standards of practice.
· Develop and manage the delivery of performance metrics to support quantitative and qualitative analysis of outcomes of psychological services, lead and/or participate in psychology-related projects.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
1. Provision of evidence based solutions and expert clinical expertise by means of facilitating knowledge integration and application of research, consultation, collaboration, leadership, expert coaching and guidance.
· Clinical Expertise: Provision of advice and guidance as an advanced subject matter expert on complex and unusual psychological issues in cases regarding appropriate psychological services to support return to work and recovery in accordance with relevant legislation and standards of practice. Maintain a current awareness of developments in psychological assessment methods and treatments via reviews of published literature to inform evidence based approaches.
· Integration of clinical expertise with the evaluation of relevant research findings to effectively assess, problem solve and recommend treatment plans/interventions during conversations and case conferences with Eligibility Adjudicators, Case Managers, Nurse Consultants, Advanced Practice Nurses, other operating area personnel and external providers to progress and sustain RTW and recovery. Operationalize the principles of occupational health in interactions including rehabilitation, industry-based factors, human response to injury and illness within interactions.
· Knowledge Integration and Research: Develop, integrate and evaluate best practice protocols and current research evidence arising from critical analysis and review of literature to support professional practice decision making and program design.
· Consultation: Provide in-depth guidance to support the integration of recovery and RTW. Collegial discussions with external providers; assess the clinical presentation of the worker and recommend evidence based treatment options/interventions to facilitate recovery and RTW. Work together with staff and other stakeholders to achieve a common purpose of RTW and recovery.
· Leadership: Employ creative strategies to educate and influence behaviours to support changes in health care interventions inclusive of creating and preparing decision tools, protocols, processes, procedures, education and orientation materials.
· Expert coaching and guidance: Demonstrate the ability to contextualize knowledge and information to operationalize efficient and effective health care decisions.
· Quality management strategies/principles: Design, implement, monitor and to evaluate the value provided by psychology services
2. Provision of advanced clinical subject matter expertise for Health Services Division, Service Delivery, Occupational Disease and Specialized Services and programs regarding evidence based and best practice decision tools, protocols, processes and procedures for effective health care interventions.
· Provide advanced subject matter expertise regarding evidence based and best practice decision tools, protocols, processes and procedures for effective health care interventions, medical devices and supplies
· Prepare decision tools, protocols, processes, procedures, training and orientation materials
· Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of programs and services.
· Identify and address knowledge gaps within service delivery and other areas as required.
3. Provide advice, leadership and professional guidance to psychologists on their role and responsibilities and participate in the implementation and evaluation of professional practice in relation to the needs of injured workers at the company founded on the principles of self-governance, professional accountability, professional standards and codes of ethics and incorporate best practices and continuous quality improvement processes. This includes:
· Manage the recruitment and election process for staff psychologists and identify resource requirements for psychologists; Define, develop and implement standards of psychology practice specific to drug therapy needs of the injured and ill worker; Identify and develop tools and systems to monitor the attainment of these standards, including identifying training and development needs of psychologists;
· Provide advice on complex and unusual cases, competency, ethical and practice requirements, advice in the utilization of research findings and best practice protocols in their practice to ensure that clients receive appropriate, effective and efficient service
· Provide effective mentoring and constructive feedback;
· Conduct performance evaluation of psychologists in relation to practice issues and initiating corrective and disciplinary action when required
4. Lead and/or participate in special initiatives/projects arising from the health care strategy/case management activities.
· Participate by means of case file reviews, provision of subject matter expertise and recommendations to team members;
· Support training, orientation and develop, implement and evaluate professional development programs.
· Utilize an in-depth knowledge of adult education and management principles and theories in the hiring, training and orientation of new Nurse Consultants and other company staff as required.
5. Knowledge of factors impacting the company Health Care programs and services as they relate to psychotherapy and case management activities
· Knowledge of the company Act, other related and relevant acts (RHPA, Psychotherapy Act, FIPPA, MFIPPA, PHIPPA, PIPEDA, etc.)
· Knowledge of policies and procedures relating to treatment and health care entitlement, RTW and work transition sufficient to analyze, interpret and provide advice and/or direction to Service Delivery and/or respond to escalated client enquiries.
· Inform Case Managers, Nurse Consultants, other Service Delivery staff and external health care professionals on professional practice standards and other relevant legislation in relation to psychotherapy, and represent psychotherapy at the company.
6. Have a working knowledge of computer systems and software applications to access data and prepare reports, and documents.
· Registered in good standing with the regulatory College of Psychologists of Ontario
· Knowledge acquired through Doctoral (PhD) prepared academic background
· Evidence of ongoing professional development, inclusive of teaching and research, acquired through clinical practice in the community, industry, acute care, and rehabilitation in multidisciplinary settings.
· Breadth and depth of knowledge and experience required to provide appropriate recommendations and advice relating to basic and complex clinical case files for working age people.
· Required to be able to incorporate practical and relevant judgment with respect to managing staff, developing and monitoring performance indicators, planning related to specific initiatives/projects, and/or when providing consultation related to a specific case.
· Ability to use office suite of applications
Please note that this is the most up to date version of job description available at this time – During Client Interview you will receive additional information – variance may apply !
Please visit the TEAMRECRUITER website to review other CAREER OPPORTUNITIES!
Job Type: Permanent